تم وضع المناقشة في: الأعمال الهندسية في أوتاه | علق: |
The Senior Battery Test Engineer will assist with the development of electrodes and cells. The position requires the application of electrochemistry and materials science to design experiments, generate data, and produce results that will inform the materials R&D strategy of the company.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for making an impact in our sustainable energy future and who will thrive in a rapidly evolving, close-knit, and dynamic early-stage startup environment. The ideal candidate will think independently, be unafraid to take on major responsibilities, and perform all tasks with diligence and care.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
* Utilize existing test equipment to test next generation lithium metal batteries
* Develop and execute testing plans and DOEs to optimize the use of internal resources and maximize learning for R&D teams and customers
* Translate customer and R&D requirements into testing plans and protocols
* Scope, design, and develop custom testing environments and fixtures
* Procure and commission new test equipment as needed
* Analyze experimental data and build comprehensive reports and presentations for materials R&D team
* Develop automated data processing and analysis tools
* Track, study, and provide reports on failed test experiments
* Drive safety improvements through software and equipment modifications
* B.S. or M.S. in engineering discipline with 5-8 years prior experience.
* 2-3 years lab experience, ideally including the testing of batteries, is preferred
* Ability to work with complex data sets and work with a variety of data analysis tools (e.g., Python, MATLAB, Origin, etc.).
* Strong data analysis and reporting skills
* Strong experience developing/following SOPs and designing experiments
* Working knowledge of battery testing best practices, equipment, and safety practices
* Materials R&D experience is a plus
We offer a competitive compensation, including generous stock options, and benefits package to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
* Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
* A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
* Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave