Veröffentlicht in: Sonstiges in Australien | Verfasst am: |
Field Data Ecologist - NSW or QLD, Australia - AUD$70-75k
We are delighted to be working once again with a highly innovative organisation projecting a strong vision to enable global scale restoration of the natural world.
The principal role of the Field Data Ecologist will be to:
• Support the development of digitised biodiversity assessments through the collection and verification of data related to native and invasive plant species in the Australian ecosystem,
• Conduct field surveys and dasometric characterization of different species,
• Integrate field survey results into GIS maps through the use of Trimble GPS system,
• Collect field samples,
• Populate databases, and
• Collaborate with the internal Ecology team and Software Engineering team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive field ecologist with exceptional flora and fauna identification skills to join the growing team. You will have ecological experience working in the field and be familiar with flora and fauna assessments across QLD and/ or NSW. Exceptional communication and time management skills will be important, as the position requires communicating across multiple time zones on various platforms and channels.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive rather than reactive approach to problem solving, responding quickly and methodically as issues arise. The candidate should have the ability to effectively access and analyse a diverse range of information across multiple platforms.
The role requires the delegation of tasks, providing direction and instruction on what is needed to be achieved and how. The candidate should be able to work independently and part of a team. The job often requires independent working and therefore self-motivation is a must.
The preferred location for this position is Singleton NSW or Mackay QLD, however we are also willing to consider suitable candidates along the East Coast of Australia. This position will require some travel to various customer sites, throughout Australia.
Must haves for this role:
• Degree in Biology/ Botany/ Ecology/ Forest engineering or any similar background.
• Demonstrated experience in ecology field surveys.
• Understanding of ecosystems and forest environments.
• Capacity to identify native and invasive species.
• Familiarity with Google Docs or similar software.
• Above average computer competency (familiar with use of Windows +/- MacOS and installation of common software packages).
• Right to work in Australia.
Any of the following would be an advantage:
• Accreditation to undertake vegetation assessments (BAM certified or equivalent)
• Knowledge of dasometric characterization of species, survey inventories and sample collection.
• Phenological characterization of species.
• Any programming experience (matlab, R, python, etc., excludes Excel formulas and similar).
• Environmental and Ecological report writing abilities
• Experience conducting in field carbon stock assessments
You will join an organisation that believes diversity builds strength, which this is already reflected in their international, interdisciplinary team
- 75.000 - 80.000 AUD/Jährlich