PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Chef de Partie is responsible to prepare meals to the fullest satisfaction of our employees in accordance with Viking Standards and HACCP rules. He/she works in a small team in our office restaurant and reports to the Executive Chef.
We are looking for someone to join our team from April 1st, 2020 until May 31st, 2020.
This role is based in our Operational Head Office in Basel, Switzerland. Thus, please note that we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work in Switzerland or in possession of a valid Swiss work permit.
- Professional preparation and distribution of daily lunch, as well as occasionally dinner, for our employees in accordance with Executive Chef manual and menu cycle
- Ordering of stock in cooperation with Executive Chef
- Correct handling of all products and equipment
- Ensuring of perfect cleanliness in working area in accordance with HACCP rules
- Conducting stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Min. 2 years professional experience in hotel/catering industry/restaurants
- International experience is an asset
- Fluency in English, German would be an asset
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest-focused
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, neat appearance
WHAT WE OFFER
- Regular office working hours (Monday until Friday)
- Complimentary soft drinks, juices and coffee
- Regular company events, e.g. sports games, BBQ, cooking classes