Responsibilities of the role:
* Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with client, Project Manager, Design team and consultants.
* Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
* Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
* Procure the design from a consultant design partner from initial tender enquiry to appointment.
* Assist Project Manager in incorporating onto a tracking sheet all internal and external design and cost issues.
* Manage distribution and production of project workload within the project team and design consultant team.
* Collaborate on new design issues/changes and research projects with team.
* Review completed design is accurate and precise.
* Manage design document control.
* Project prioritization of design, assignment and management to designers.
* Lead with effective supervision an experienced design team to ensure delivery on schedule.
* Closely track design deliverables to ensure project milestones are met.
* Implement recovery strategy if slippage is detected.
* Participate in departmental strategic planning.
* Assist technically internal and external customers.
* Planning, programming and reporting
* Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize futile work.
* Liaising with clients, insurance companies, consultants and architects