Role and Responsibilities:
• Participates in or leads Data Center network, server, storage design/migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
Actively involved in latest industry SDN (Software Defined Networking) technology and Cisco ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) deployments
• Demonstrates good understanding of applying Advanced Technologies to reach the desired architectural service requirements.
• Solves issues across many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security.
• Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
Provides technical support for EMEAR customers during software deployments and Proof of Concepts. This includes working closely with the Account teams and Cisco Engineering.
• Develops/Co-authors technical white papers in the areas of design, deployment and customer case studies.
• Provides Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization assistance to Advanced Services Customers around Cisco’s Data Center solutions.
- Typically requires university degree equivalent along with 4+ years of experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment
- CCNP certification or equivalent knowledge
- Nexus 5K/7K platforms product architecture knowledge and hands on experience including Fabric Path, OTV, VDC, VPC technologies
- English language skills mandatory, additional European language (Italian, French or German) is a plus.
• Understanding of Data Center architecture, experience in planning, design or implementation of Data Center infrastructure
• Will be able to design, deploy & support Cisco data center products with hands-on experience in operation and configuration of Cisco network devices (e.g. routers, switches, Storage Networks and Servers)
• Experience with ACI is a strong plus
• CCIE DC certification would be plus
• Strong customer-interaction skills and architectural skills.