Job Details Company Overview
Medline's growing complexity requires the leading global financial reporting cadence. Global Close team and Audit (GC & A) was newly created to simplify and automate the core closing processes and ensure the timely and accurate financial reporting. To enhance the global controllership, GC & A team will focus on optimization of US journal entries and overseeing the global close. Sr. Accounting Analyst will lead many critical initiatives to help build the new function.
Sr. Accounting Analyst will partner with financial analysis team and other corporate accounting teams and drive efficiency in US month end close by automating P & L related journal entries via automation tools such as Alteryx. The candidate will also facilitate in the management of US close process in Cadency and contribute to the global close coordination and year-end audit. Sr. Accounting Analyst will serve the leader of GC & A team, provide coaching and feedback to offshore counter parts, drive timely execution of daily operation and projects, and continuous improvement of GC & A function.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with FP & A teams and other non-finance business partners to record business transactions in accordance with Medline accounting policy and GAAP and ensure timely delivery of high quality financial reports.
- Rationalize the current accounting postings, validate and standardize the allocation/accrual methodology. Optimize the current journal entries via simplification and automation.
- Assure the integrity of both internal and external financial statements by performing journal entry review and account reconciliation.
- Partner with global finance leader on standardization and simplification of global close cadence. Streamline the global close schedule via Cadency.
- Assist in the development of new Global Close & Audit team, establish best practice/policy in various accounting activities and drive the finance excellence through data and technology.
- Develop leadership by coaching junior members on the team as well as leading key process improvement initiatives/projects.
- Support and drive efficiency in external audit for global entities.
- Facilitate in the adoption and maintenance of new lease accounting standard and other new standards
- Collaborate with consolidation team in acquisition and integration.
- Participate in other ad hoc accounting projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of Corporate Accounting / Manufacturing Accounting experience.
- Experience applying GAAP knowledge.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Able to work with large amounts of data.
- Master's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in accounting related tasks cost accounting, journal entries, reconciliations
- Experience with SAP
- Adherence to policies, procedures and strong knowledge of GAAP
- Demonstrated successful use of technology to improve process efficiency
- A sense of urgency with the ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and flexible
- Experience with SAP, alteryx, Trintech/Cadency
- Advanced Excel skills
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Standard Accounting Practices