- The kitchen is your stage: here, you spur on your team in order to be able to offer our guests the supreme service they expect
- With your ideas, you actively improve the quality or our kitchen(s) and our products
- Daily consultations to plan and execute events as well as smooth interaction between our various kitchen crews is very important to you
- Your creativity is essential for compiling the menus as well as the daily and weekly specials; you will use regional and seasonal products whenever possible
- Thanks to your foresight, purchases will remain within budget, you know how to store goods and you will strictly adhere to the HACCP guidelines
- Sensible staffing and cost management for the entire kitchen will also be part of your range of responsibilities in your area of work.
- In conjunction with Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, to follow-up on day to day running of all food operations with confidential manners.
- To oversee all the kitchen quality of food and presentation in his/her area.
- To ensure daily purchases are checked, stored correctly and rotated to maintain the highest of qualities
- To achieve budgeted food cost, taking positive actions in the event of an adverse stock take
- Manage and physically be involved in the food operation and safety standards
- Responsible for menu planning, food cost control, training, cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen and employees, operation control, production control, decision making.
- Co-ordinate all food outlets, control requisitions, kitchen work schedules and attendance files
- Work with good relation and communication with service personnel and as well as kitchen and management.
- Should be able to take over any position in the kitchen
- Has to be adjustable to work time, fluctuation and to work under pressure
- Keep accurate control of all expenses.
- To assist in creating an environment which protects staff morale which encourages employees to have pride in their department and work and their skills
- To introduce flair, quality and innovation to all outlets
- To ensure kitchen hygiene is met to the standards of municipality in conjunction with the kitchen brigade
- To expose culinary creativity to the whole kitchen brigade and actively contribute to the training of the outlets
- Perform related duties and special as assigned
- Implements a daily, weekly and monthly checklist for all kitchens. Ensure proper follow-up to attain maximum quality and efficiency
In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated to degree-level or above in a relevant discipline with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess 1+ years in a similar position in a 4* Or 5* property.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is a must.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic + Accommodation + Transport + Meals + Laundry + Air Tickets + Medical Insurance.