Δημοσιεύτηκε σε: Άλλο σε Καναδάς | Δημοσιεύτηκε: |
Our client is a highly successful global fresh produce grower and distributor who seeks an enthusiastic and self-motivated Junior Mushroom Grower for an opportunity in British Columbia. They employ over 6,500 people globally and the product range includes Melons, Pineapples Bananas and Mushrooms. The mushroom business is the largest mushroom growing and distribution business in Canada and the largest grower of organic mushrooms in the world.
They are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Junior Mushroom Grower for an opportunity in British Columbia. Reporting to the Senior Grower this role will assist in managing environmental conditions, assess and respond to changing growth characteristics and observe and implement improvement to the efficiency and quality of the growing process.
· Checking, recording and managing moisture, temperature, air movement, R/H, and CO2 levels in beds and growing rooms
· Monitoring and participating in pin count and stagger measurements
· Assists in calibrating and maintaining the accurate performance of computers, temperature probes, thermometers, air movement, R/H, and CO2 levels in beds and growing rooms
· Communicates and provides information to the Harvest Manager, Coordinator and Supervisors to help ensure the proper harvest of the product
· Assists in maintaining the minimum inventory of supplies needs for daily operations
· Keeps accurate and accessible records
· Monitors the filling and emptying of cropping houses
· Participates in the weekend growing rotation
· Performs any other duties as assigned
· Must be eligible to work in Canada
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· Must have 2 years mushroom or horticultural related experience and Ideally some awareness of climate-controlled computer systems