Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Visiting Homemakers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations (6471)
NOC Job Title: Companion
11660 Bird Road
Richmond, British Columbia
V6X 1N9 Canada
Work Setting: Private home; work in Employers/ Clients home. Accommodation available at no extra cost if caregiver wishes to stay in client's house; however, this is not a condition of employment.
Number of Hours: 35 hours per week
- Perform light housekeeping activities such as cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Make beds on a daily basis and change linen as often as required
- Assist client with day to day activities
- Escort the client to doctor's appointments or other appointments he/she made
- Provide companionship on a daily basis by lending an ear or a shoulder to lean on
- Engage with the client in outdoor activities such as walking and light sports
- Prepare food and light snacks catering to clients dietary needs
- Manage laundry and ironing activities
- Run errands including grocery shopping, bill payment and mail handling
- Maintain a safe and clean environment and ensure that the garbage is taken out on a daily basis
- Arrange medicines to be taken on schedule by providing appropriate reminder or administering medication only upon doctor's orders.
Skill and Requirements:
- Completion of High School
- At least one years of caregiving experience within the last three years.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
Essential Skills: Client focus, Reliability, Judgement, Initiative, dependable, Organized
Safety and Security: Bondable, Basic Security Clearance, Criminal Record Check.
Transportation: Public transportation is available
How to Apply
Αίτηση για αυτή τη θέση