EXPAT ROLE: GENERAL MANAGER - TRANSPORT NETWORK DEVELOPMENT
“Graduate Calibre 3PL Centralised Transport Planning & Transport Network Development Leader and Subject Matter Expert.”
£Very Competitive (Low Tax) + Car, Bonus, Benefits + Relocation Assistance
Our client is a global contract logistics specialist, currently experiencing dynamic growth and contract wins across a number of vertical sectors in Vietnam. As part of a Asia Pac transformation programme to improve and drive transport network synergies, centralised planning, visibility and control, our client is seeking a General Manager – Transport Network Development. Our client operates both an in house and sub contractor haulier network for line haul nationally delivering both pallets and cases.
You will report to a Country Transport Director.
You will lead, strategise and implement transport requirements within our client’s Vietnamese transport network to ensure smooth and effective primary and secondary distribution in order to achieve service and cost KPI’s in line with corporate strategy and budgetary controls.
The General Manager – Transport Network Development will be a transport leader, a transport “subject matter expert” with a track record of success in implementing centralised transport planning and network consolidation and development projects across a fast moving and complex primary and secondary distribution fleet. You will lead a team of transport planning and operational specialists.
In the short to medium term this will include the implementation of a full TMS (Transport Management System), from an operational perspective, with track and trace and box scanning. You will also be involved in negotiating rates nationally with sub contract hauliers. In the near future you will also be involved in expansion of consolidation hubs, growing the transport network team, investment in new fleet and integration of eCommerce volume into the network. This experience will have been gained within a fast moving, large multi-site transport fleet operation such as retail, automotive, hi tech, fmcg.
You will coordinate and control transport activities in multiple sites, leading from the front with a hands-on management style which breeds enthusiasm and respect. You will be an empathetic leader, culturally sensitive whilst also an influential change manager, engaging people in the change journey.
This is customer facing role and you will play a key role in understanding and fulfilling customer transport network requirements. You will be diplomatic and confident with experience and credibility to successfully question and extract information and constructively challenge your internal and external stakeholders and your operational team.
You will be logical and data driven in understanding problems and developing practical solutions. This will include setting KPI’s, targets and goals for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness. You will also drive and control the effective use of resources in order to stay within budget.
You will ensure statutory and legal compliance developing a culture focused on safety, quality, service excellence, integrity and cost consciousness.
The Ideal Candidate:
* University degree educated in logistics or business or engineering or science. A Masters Degree in logistics and supply chain or transport planning would be highly advantageous.
* An experienced transport management professional experienced in running large primary and secondary road transport fleets both in house and via third party 3PL and 4PL partnerships.
* Experience of transport network planning, transport control tower concepts, transport operations management and project management.
* A track record of network development including implementation of centralised planning, transport management systems, network consolidation and integration.
* Transport operations leadership, customer relationship management, and project management expertise.
* This experience may predominantly have been gained within 3PL contract logistics focused on both primary and secondary road transport or large retail or other large FMCG or Industrial multinational, multi site, complex and high velocity transport operations.
* Highly analytical and data driven with experience of transport management, routing and planning software packages. An advanced user of Excel. A project management qualification would be highly advantageous.
* Fast track career progression to date with the ambitious and desire to progress to Director level within this dynamic growth environment.
This is an expatriate career development role on a permanent local contract and therefore you will be required to relocate to Vietnam to be based there full time. Our client will provide relocation assistance. In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package in a low tax environment. Please note however that housing is not provided as part of the package
- Πλήρης απασχόλησης
- VND 70 / Ώρα
- Πλήρης απασχόλησης
- VND 60 / Ώρα
- Πλήρης απασχόλησης
- VND 60.000 - VND 100.000 / Έτος
- Μερική απασχόληση
- VND 10.000.000 - VND 20.000.000 / Μήνας