Agricultural and Farming Jobs have been retained exclusively to work with a major international corporation based in Cambodia to set up a brand-new Feed Mill, followed by 6 additional Swine and Poultry farms.
Job Title: General Manager, Swine Feed Mill and Farms
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the CEO you will actively assist the Project Manager in the design and construction of the Feed Mill(s) and Farm(s) and the procurement of Feed Mill and Farm equipment. To recruit other personnel and take over the role of setting up greenfield businesses. Direct the daily operations of the entire Farm and Feed Mill manufacturing and delivery. Work collaboratively with geneticists, nutritionists, vendors and related stakeholders to ensure, cost-effective, high quality swine production and value-added feed products. Ensure compliance with all governmental policies and regulations, develop training initiatives to improve workforce capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in recruitment of Feed Mill and Farm personnel by defining skills criteria in collaboration with HR and attending selection interviews.
* Take over the role of Feed Mill and Farm Manager by being instrumentally active in the commissioning and start-up phase.
* Oversee day-to-day Feed Mill operations ranging from production management to product delivery, quality and cost control and maintenance.
* Oversee day-to-day farm operations ranging from farm management to swine breeding, quality and cost control and maintenance. Monitor and track pig production in accordance with the production goals.
* Monitor the health and well-being of swine; ensure all necessary injection, vaccination and medication are given as needed to promote animal welfare and meet regulatory compliance.
* Collaborate with internal and external parties, such as geneticists, nutritionists, vendors and related stakeholders to maintain and improve current standards and to ensure high quality, cost-effective, and value-added feed and swine products.
* Ensure operational excellence and humane animal handling through developing and evaluating all standard operating procedures and conducting regular inspections of the manufacturing processes, swine production and farm operation.
* Ensure compliance with all necessary governmental and industrial policies and regulations including taxation, related legal responsibility, workplace safety, and environmental and waste management, etc.
* Maintain all records and documentation related to swine production, feed production and feed transportation.
* Propose necessary resources and/or training needed to improve workforce capabilities and productivity.
* Prepare relevant budget plans and forecasts and present to upper management.
* Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of inventory management and production scheduling for feed and farm operations.
Conduct inspections of manufacturing and operations methods and procedures to ensure compliance with company policies, workplace safety practices, and legal responsibilities.
Ensure all production data are properly gathered and accurately reported on an on-going basis.
Decision Making Authority:
Able to make decisions related to functional performance and strategy.
Propose, develop and implement quality assurance programs/operating procedures for Feed Mill
Plan, propose, organise and direct activities related to the operations of Feed Mill, Farm and
maintenance of facilities and systems.
Able to make decisions related to budget or other expenditures.
Profile and Qualifications:
Minimum Education- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Operations Management, Agricultural Studies or a related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
Professional Experience-Minimum 15 years’ experience in Feed Mill/Farm Management or
Agricultural Operation Management.
Knowledge of appropriate regulations pertaining to health, safety and the environment.
Familiarity with livestock production (pig/swine).
Familiarity with Agri-statistics.
Skills and Abilities:
Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally with vendors and customers, managers and employees at all levels.
Demonstrable ability of working in a manufacturing or agricultural environment.
Ability to handle multiple tasks in a highly demanding and fast paced business environment.
Ability to work effectively in a team.
Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
Ability to work under pressure (position involves tight deadlines and scheduling.)
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and Cover Letter, explaining why you think you are suitable for this role, to Kate Moxon, MD