Our client is an experienced General Contractor
involved in major infrastructure work including:
• Bridge construction and rehabilitation
• Tunnel Structures
• Road work
• Water treatment and sewer systems
• Other major infrastructure work
They are in need of a Superintendent through growth and project wins. With projects throughout Ontario and also offering out of town work (rotational) Municipal and private works
Must come from a GC or local Specialist Contractor.
Must have experience start to finish projects, concrete and concrete slabs build bridges, Curbs, highways $2 - $60 MILLION.
Most important is MTO, (UNDERSTANDING MTO PROCESSES STRUCTURE, PERMIT GAIN ETC) STRUCTURES, BRIDGES AND HIGHWAYS.
Heavy Civils & Structures Site Superintendent –
Our client a leading heavy civils and structures main contractor is currently recruiting for a Site Superintendent to add to the team in Ontario.
The project is a involves looking after all Heavy, Civils, Structures, Bridge (new build & rehab), Highways and MTO projects.
Under the general direction of the Site Project Manager, the Structures Superintendent will plan, schedule and manage day-to-day site operations the construction and/or repair of heavy civil engineering projects such as Heavy, Civils, Structures, Bridge ( new build & rehab), Tunnelling, Highways and MTO and additional Structures including the supervision of all direct labour and sub contractors.
The Structures Superintendent is responsible to ensure that the Project works are safely completed on schedule in compliance with the contract requirements as well as the project budget. All work must be performed efficiently, and completed to highest standards of quality and workmanship.
The IDEAL candidate wil have MTO build project experience and good connections and an understanding of how MTO project work in the region.
• Establish and monitor construction work schedules including “look ahead” schedules.• Coordinate all subcontractors, arrange and attend subcontractors’ coordination meetings.• Provide information and direction to the Project Coordinators in the administration of the contract as it relates to: customer relations; RFIs, Scope of works, extra works orders, issue logs, NCRs, deficiencies, administrative distribution, commissioning, as built documentation and close out documents.• Mobilize and direct the assigned resources in order to safely and effectively achieve project completion.• Keep and maintain the daily site diary and appropriate records to fulfill the requirements of the contract and provide detailed history of site events and history.• Maintain overall inventory and proactively manage the control of all materials, and equipment assigned to the Project and ensure calibration and safety maintenance records are current.• Prepare reports as per project procedures manual and requirements of the contract.• Ensure all works meet contract document requirements and meet or exceed federal, provincial and municipal laws and standards.• Allocate work to and supervise the activities of assistant superintendent and foreman assigned to the project.• Conduct direct reporting of employee performance plans and assessments, supervise and train employees, take corrective action as required.• Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable Occupational Health & Safety Acts / Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements.• Keep the Construction Manager/ Project Manager informed of significant developments.• Assists in bid processes if and as required.• Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities• Understands and can follow requirements to meet safety, quality, environmental, schedule and budget requirements of the project.• Excellent communication skills.• Ability to understand and work with engineering and technical drawings as well as Project Schedules
Trades or Degree/Diploma Educated• A minimum of 7 years of experience.• Experience in a similar role on major civil engineering design-build projects.
Job Type: Full-time
• Bachelor's, P.Eng
• Structures, Heavy Civils, Structures, Bridge ( new build & rehab), Tunneling, Highways and MTO