Posted in: Finance in Canada | Posted: |
Work Location: 4415 Dawson St, Burnaby BC V5C 4B8
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Wage: $40.50 per hour
Language of Work: English
Please contact via email: [...]
Skyland Building Supplies Ltd. entered homes in Lower Mainland back in 2014. As a specialty kitchen and bathroom appliance and tiles store, Skyland positioned itself in a niche that focused on selling quality kitchen and bathroom appliances, parts and accessories through 2 showrooms located in Burnaby and Richmond, BC and its online store, backed up with exceptional customer service. In fact, between big-box retailers and superstores and higher-end boutiques, there was a whole new market for Skyland. With its experience and expertise in the field, the Skyland successfully secured its position in the industry and is now known to many customers from Vancouver and all over North America as having an extremely wide selection and competitive pricing on all of its products.
Skyland is looking for a self-starter ready to take on this new and exciting challenge for a rapidly growing company. Reporting directly to the Owner, the incumbent will be responsible for a range of financial duties: reporting, data management, analysis and capital investment.
1. Oversee all company financial activities and investments, as well as related entities, control budget and cost and take corrective actions in a timely manner to avoid financial risks;
2. Collaborate with the Owner with financial planning, budgeting process, cost controlling, risk monitoring, and comprehensive financial analysis function with business operations;
3. Develop and implement internal cost control policies and procedures, set up the financial database with transaction records and ensure that the data is easily available for senior managers;
4. Monitor daily accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, General Ledger entries, bank transactions, visa and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure financial records are maintained in a timely and accurate manner;
5. Manage cash flow by tracking daily transactions and data, preparing monthly and annual reports to check for discrepancies and identify results, trends, and financial forecasts;
6. Conduct budget control activities, monitor actual financial performance and compare with the set budget goal, find out the reasons for differences and take corrective actions;
7. Verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services received, match invoices to packing slips and purchase orders;
8. Manage the master data for all supplier accounts, conduct weekly supplier payment run - generating payment list, ensure invoice accuracy and report to the Owner for payment approval;
9. Manage the Company’s payroll process and relevant financial tasks with the payroll service provider, suggest updates and improvements for the payroll system;
10. Provide accurate and comprehensive financial analysis to executive management for long-term financial strategy;
11. Report to the Owner with timely and accurate financial information including budget-to-actual review, KPIs and financial risk projections;
12. Human resources activities involving the hiring, training and directing of other accountants.
1. Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, Business & Commerce, or related education is required;
2. Minimum of 5 years’ post-university related experience in an accounting and finance environment;
3. Proficiency in working with Microsoft 365 and electronic accounting system such as SAP;
4. Strong management and operational experience;
5. Strong interpersonal skills, as well as problem-solving and analytical capabilities;
6. Should be a team player, able to work without supervision using their own initiative;
7. Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, and experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
8. A disciplined work ethic with respect to time management, organizational skills, and written and verbal communication with staff.