Posted in: Accountants in Calgary | Posted: |
Fast Pace Tax Solutions has developed tax strategies for business owners as well as individuals and families. From bookkeeping to payroll, GST reporting to financial statements, dividend solutions to family trust, straightforward tax preparation or complex audit representation, we also involved overseas tax strategy solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Accounting Technician is the advanced journey level class in the Accounting Technician series. Positions in this classification are distinguished from the Accounting Technician by the more specialized, complex, and non-routine accounting functions performed with limited supervision. Positions in this classification may provide lead direction to others in the performance of varied financial support functions.
Education: Bachelor or diploma in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field
Salary: $24.05/hr-$25/hr 30 hr/Week
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs complex technical accounting support functions in the preparation, maintenance, and processing of accounting records and financial transactions.
- Establishes and maintains systems to assure accountability and financial control.
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems (Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, Caseware, ProFile).
- Analyzes and integrates financial data, forms, records and reports.
- Interprets departmental rules, regulations, policies, practices and procedures.
- Audits financial transactions and data for accuracy and resolves discrepancies.
- Processes complex accounting and financial transactions and reconciles and monitors accounts; maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements; identifies, researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Reviews and codes account adjustments.
- Compiles data for special and periodic reports and projects.
- Prepares correspondence, technical and administrative reports.
- Communicates and coordinates accounting polices, practices, and procedures with customers;
- May assign or review the work of assigned staff and provide training.
- Performs specialized tasks depending upon functional assignment.
· Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible technical accounting support experience as a financial or accounting clerk;
· 3-5 years experience in customer service and expertise in maintenance of customer relationship;
· 3-5 years international accounting support experiences;
· At least 3 years leadership skilled and able to train and supervise other employees;
· Excellent analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Principles and practices of basic accounting and financial record keeping.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing, auditing or revenue collections at an advanced journey level in area of specialization.
- Applicable municipal codes, state and federal laws.
- Office methods, procedures, software (Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, Caseware, ProFile, Microsoft Word, Excel) and equipment.
- Principles of customer service.
- International accounting/ financial knowledge will be preferred;
- Write queries and design reports using a computerized accounting system.
- Establish and maintain complex filing systems.
- Recognize, analyze and resolve problems related to area of assignment.
- Understand and explain complex financial transactions.
- Interpret, apply and follow laws policies and procedures.
- Assign and review the work of others.
- Operate a computer using word processing and business software and other office equipment.
- Make sound decisions and commitment to integrity and accountability;
- Establish and maintain and promote positive and effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, public officials and the public.
- Demonstrate initiative and exercise good judgment in the performance of duties.
- Work independently and as a team member; recognize and set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Some travel may be required.
Apply for this job