Company Operating Name: Alpha Pay Ltd.
Work Location: Richmond, BC
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Wage: $ 34.5/hour
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Language of Work: English
Alpha Pay is a forward-looking FinTech company that delivers payment technology services around the world with FINTRAC registration in Canada. We’re a group of cross-border commerce professionals. We help global businesses to bridge the gap with 1.2 billion Chinese consumers through our cross-border payment product and marketing solution platforms. We offer solutions for businesses to drive commerce growth in a variety of industries ranging from Retail, e-Commerce, Hotel, Food & Beverage, Transportation, Entertainment to Education.
As a Canadian Payment Service Provider authorized by Alipay and WeChat Pay, Alpha Pay specializes in cross-border POS & mobile payment and relative marketing solutions, dedicating to providing a safe and convenient RMB cross-border payment platform for Chinese consumers and Canadian companies. We make integrating Alipay and WeChat Pay for Canadian merchants easy and help enhance their share of 131 million Chinese consumer market.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant, rapidly growing company. We expect you to be an experienced, passionate and self-motivated individual. You will apply your programming skills to develop and maintain the perfect operation of our applications.
1. Evaluate the operation of our existing payment and marketing software as well as designing regular maintenance procedures to conduct periodical performance check
2. Communicate and understand clients and users’ demands and needs; provide software-based solutions and implementation plan to equip our software with more features
3. Write code to update AlphaPay’s software and mobile apps by using HTML/CSS/Java programming languages, as well as providing updates to make software and systems more secure and efficient
4. Understand the software provided by our competitors by conducting research and experiencing the function and UI of the software; advise management regarding the improvement where we could make
5. Run testing trials to look for errors or bugs in the software, troubleshoot all kinds of failures in daily operation of the applications and software
6. Prepare manuals for guiding users to interact with our software applications in a fast manner and prepare reports to inform management regarding the performance and status of the software
7. Keep track of the daily operation of online payment platform and log the operation data; report abnormal findings and suggest available solutions to reduce the risk of network security attack
8. Perform software integration according to the business need; test the operation of embedded software and perform bug-fixing to ensure successful delivery of performance.
1. At least 3 years of experience of software developing, programming or coding is required
2. A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline is required
3. A masters’ degree will be an asset
5. Prior software, applications and mini programs developing experience in E-payment and related field is an asset
6. A team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment
7. Strong problem solving skills and pay attention to details
Apply for this job