Posted in: Computer programming in British Columbia | Posted: |
Company Name (legal & operation) : Fire-Point Interactive Inc
Work Location: Burnaby, BC
Employment Type: Full time permanent
Hours: 40hrs / week
Position Start Date: ASAP
Annual Salary: $70,000 – $80,000
Fire-Piont Interactive Inc.
Fire-Point Interactive Inc. is a game development studio and publisher based in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 2016, by its parent company Match-Light based in Beijing, Fire-Point is the result of a successful collaboration between the government of British Columbia and the Ministry of International Trade of Beijing. Fire-Point is forging and refining games aimed for e-sport and mass entertainment.
Fire-Point Interactive is seeking a full-time in-house backend developer who has more than 3 years experience and is eager to learn and grow with our team. This person will be helping us build high performing systems using existing standards, conventions and patterns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, modify, integrate, document and test software code for backend application software
- Develop data and processes to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs within budgeted timeframes
· Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
- Collect and document requirements and develop specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test game features, infrastructure and tools
- May lead and coordinate teams in the development of software and integrated systems
- Designing and refactoring software with scalability, resilience and performance in mind
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field is a MUST
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise application development with C++ and C#
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems using dotnet framework
- Experience with databases, such as Oracle, MySQL.
- Knowledge of unit testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment and automation testing methodologies
- Prior work with frameworks/tools such as Kafka, and Kubernetes and other cloud services (AWS / Google) is an asset
- Experience leading a team or project is an asset
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum is an asset
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Company events & social hours
- Discounted/free food
How to apply:
If you think you would be a great fit, we’d like to hear from you!
Simply submit your resume directly by email to: [...]