Fire-Point Games Inc. is a game development studio and publisher based in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 2016, Fire-Point is the result of a successful collaboration between the government of British Columbia and the Ministry of International Trade of Beijing. Fire-Point is forging and refining games aimed for e-sport and mass entertainment.
Company Operating Name: Fire-Point Games Inc.
Job Title: Data Processing Specialist
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $ 31.5/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Work Location:311-3602 Gilmore Way Burnaby, BC V5G4W9
Your main responsibilities will include:
1. Work with project manager to understand the data needs of our games, plan the goals of the database and create a database structure based on those needs
2. Build and take care of database systems of high advisability and quality so that we can get balanced loading with the game server
3. Write logical and physical database descriptions, make predictions about the future needs and create the capacity to handle the extra workload
4. Analyze all databases and monitor it for all design specifications, prepare data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality, provide ongoing reports to upper management
5. Design maintenance procedures and put them into operation, including creating the login process, user accounts for all players, and security clearances for sensitive data
6. Monitor database performance, implement changes and install upgrades and patches to fix program bugs, plan security rules and measures, make sure that data are secure from unauthorized access
7. Backup systems to prevent data loss in case of a power outage or other disasters, ensure the integrity of the database, guarantee that the data stored in it come from reliable sources
8. Identify and evaluate industry trends and analysis results in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management
We expect you to have these qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a computer discipline or other related field.
2. At least three-year proven working experience with database administration.
3. Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity.
4. Be able to monitor a database system’s performance to determine when action is needed.
5. Be able to evaluate complex information that comes from a variety of sources.
6. Detailed oriented, excellent logical thinking, analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
7. Hands-on programming experience is an asset.
If you are interested in this job offer, please send your resume to [...]
Apply for this job