Our valued private sector client located in Ottawa, ON is currently seeking a Cloud Security Engineer on a full-time permanent basis.
This position requires Secret Level II clearance or the ability to obtain. Secret Level II requires a minimum of 10 years in Canada.
Why you want this job:
As the Cloud Security Engineer you will not only bring in hands-on technical expertise but also work closely with product engineering, cloud operations and support group to build and integrate secure Cloud Solutions. You will play a pivotal role in building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining the SaaS offering to their clients. You will be part of a world class team of security, compliance, operations and engineering experts.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and provide support on SaaS offering hosted on Azure
- Provide Cyber security expertise in analysis, assessment, development and evaluation of security solutions and architectures to secure client's Cloud Platform.
- Intrusion and vulnerability risk testing and assessments (internal and external).
- Document security policies, standards and security assessment test procedures.
- Automate security test suites by establishing a devops workflow that integrates into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Automate security controls, data and processes to provide better metrics and operational support.
- Influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating cyber security controls.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Azure, IAM, container technologies, Terraform, Ansible, threat detective control.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc)
- Experience with a broad set of information security best practices and technologies within cloud environments.
- Expert experience with multiple security assessment tools, network and host-based information security technologies, including firewalls, WAFs, IPS/IDS etc.
- Experience with encryption (at-rest, in-transit, in-use) and secrets and key management within cloud environments.
- Experienced in information security testing methods, including penetration testing, web application security assessments, vulnerability assessments using Nessus and Burpsuite.
- Understanding of enterprise IT security risk assessments and related frameworks (e.g. SOC2, ISO 270XX, GDPR, COBIT, etc.) and industry best practices.
- Understanding of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) framework.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting Cloud Security Engineer position in Ottawa, ON. For more information please call us at 613-759-4728 and reference Job ID #2153345