Posted in: Other in Hangzhou | Posted: |
Lotus Cars builds world class, high performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world. The current range - which is 100% 'For The Drivers' - includes the Evora coupe, the critically acclaimed Exige and the iconic Elise.
The latest new Lotus is the Evija, our all-electric hypercar that is the world's most powerful series production model. All Lotus cars are rightly regarded as being the benchmark for exceptional ride and handling, lightweight engineering, exceptional steering, efficient aerodynamics and driver-focused interiors.
Our founder Colin Chapman always believed that a driver wants feedback and control, instant response, precision and agility, the power to accelerate and the ability to stop almost instantly. Over the last seven decades, Lotus has remained true to this ethos. Our core values, our pioneering approach to automotive engineering and our rich heritage - both in road and race cars - are guiding our future.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in the company's Vision80 strategy, which states what Lotus will be in 2028 when we celebrate our 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on our journey.
This Head of Quality - China Vehicles role will have overall responsibility for the delivery of all aspects through the complete life-cycle; from concept into production and throughout service life. This role will be primarily located in China, however this will also involve periods of time in the UK at Hethel and Warwick. Ensuring Quality is a key element of all aspects of the programmes Effective communication and reporting of all Quality elements between the various stakeholders.
* Responsible for definition and achievement of all Vehicle(s) Quality targets throughout the complete life-cycle.
* Creation, management and reporting of the Quality budget(s) for Vehicles
* Awareness of vehicle line competitor standards & future activity to ensure Lotus maintains a competitive edge with regards to Perceived Quality and Customer Satisfaction
* Cross departmental management of the Quality function to ensure all quality activities relevant to the vehicle programme stage are robustly completed.
* Manpower and budgetary planning for Vehicles
* Management of Vehicle Quality issues covering all stages of development, production build & warranty
* Vehicle(s) Line Quality reporting to ensure transparency across the business
* Quality gate for new models, ensuring vehicles are fit for purpose before being launched to market
* Close working relationship with the China Vehicles Project teams
* Liaise closely with Geely Group companies to create a collaborative strategy across the brands
* Work closely with Project Management, Design, Marketing, Programme and Engineering to ensure Quality is driven into every stage of New Product Development
* Interface with 3rd party organisations to drive and assess Customer Satisfaction
* Input into Vehicle Line Strategy to ensure Lotus Product continues to improve and remains competitive in the marketplace
* Degree level qualification in a related discipline
* Must have experience of Quality management across the Vehicle Development Process of an OEM or a recognised Tier 1 supplier.
* Must be able to demonstrate application of engineering quality tools & techniques
* Previous Management experience
* Proven Engineering Quality Skills
* Analytical capabilities
* High level of IT skills
* Ability to present to all levels
* Previous experience within Project Quality / Programme Management with an OEM or recognised 1st Tier supplier
* Analytical, structured, confident, with excellent communication skills. Must be able to lead and steer peers.
* Logical thinker, data driven
* Masters Degree in automotive engineering or similar, MBA
* Engineering design experience would be advantageous
* Broad knowledge of vehicle development, manufacturing and aftermarket services
* Automotive project management experience with an OEM
* Experience of the application of automotive engineering quality tools within an OEM environment
* Knowledge of NPDS/GPDS or similar product development systems
* The willingness and ability to train others in this field
* Ability to speak basic Chinese would be an advantage
Office based in both China and UK, but with regular periods within the factory / studio supporting preparation and vehicle development & build activities.
Regular travel will be required between the Geely Group sites in China and Lotus sites within the UK
- 10,000 - 16,000 CNY/Month