Posted in: Other in Costa Rica | Posted: |
Fyffes is one of the world’s largest growers and distributors of tropical fruit and mushrooms with an overall permanent global workforce of approximately 6,500 employees. They are also Europe’s number 1 banana supplier. The group’s products include melons (Guatemala/Honduras), Pineapples (Costa Rica) and mushrooms (Canada).
Applications are being sought immediately from recent graduates and graduates who are perhaps qualified 3-5 years, to undertake a variety of research projects in the Robotic Warehousing space. The purpose of this research is to present equipment innovation suggestions to senior management with an emphasis on the picking and packing area. These proposals would include work flow diagrams and a full cost/benefit analysis.
* Gain international experience with a leading global brand for your CV.
* Opportunity to learn and develop your skills in Spanish and/or English.
* Opportunity to gain experience and knowledge across the entire supply chain globally.
* Work in a culture that respects loyalty, commitment and encourages innovation.
* Experience in working with AutoCAD, Revit or similar is critical.
* Applicants are likely to have a degree in Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics), Agricultural Engineering or a related area. Importantly, they need to be able to demonstrate a keen robotics dimension. It would also be beneficial to come from a farming background or have a demonstrable interest in farming.
* Current graduates and graduates who already have a number of years’ post-qualification and have some relevant academic and practical exposure to the Robotic Warehousing area. Time and Motion type experience would also be of value in terms of establishing costings of current versus propose innovations.
* Fluency in English is required; Spanish is an advantage, but not essential.
* Project development implementation and management
* Camera sorting, grading and programming
* Innovation expertise