Posted in: Other in Puntarenas | Posted: |
GVI is a multi-award winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run sustainable development programs in 13+ countries worldwide, all of which are aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
This role is responsible for the overall running of the GVI Quepos hub, which is focused on community development and empowerment. The Program Manager’s role on this hub is to deliver world-leading volunteer and internship programs and manage the GVI hub, by focusing on growth, learning and impact. This person is responsible for ensuring effective day to day running of the program operations, building and maintaining partnerships with the community, effectively managing staff and participants, and achieving the financial and quality goals of the organization.
The ideal candidate for this position will speak fluent Spanish, be hugely passionate about community empowerment and education, and thrive off living in a communal setting among staff and volunteers. They will have strong staff and volunteer management experience, be experienced in health and safety, and feel comfortable with being the most senior person responsible for the day to day running of this base.
- Oversee the overall day to day delivery of projects, including quality, impact and safety, and the overall effective functioning of the hub
- In conjunction with the People function and line manager, ensure the availability of field staff to meet the requirements outlined in the hub’s field model staffing plan as well as oversee training and onboarding of all new staff and participants.
- Effectively manage any issues that come up in the field on a day to day basis, including participant complaints, medical issues, natural disasters etc.
- Oversee day to day logistics of project including participant arrivals, departures, visits off base, day to day needs, base scheduling, ensuring all participants know what they’re doing, when, and the day to day functions smoothly
- Connect and liaise with in-country partners to build and maintain relationships, ensuring projects are locally driven and have maximum valuable impact
- Design local development theory in line with GVI central theory, and implement project monitoring across participants, staff, community members and partners and periodic evaluation of impact
- Responsible for financial and overall reporting of the hub and working with line manager to utilize the recommended detailed analysis of the participant plan, hub costs and staff costs data to manage hub in an efficient manner.
- Work with the line manager to roll out defined best practice covering all key aspects of the hub’s programs and operations.
- Provide recommendations to line manager and liaise with Central Support to develop and implement new programs and initiatives as required.
- Ensure the successful implementation and delivery of all GVI marketing and internal communication initiatives.
- Work with central to ensure in country legal compliance and maintain desired legal status through accurate and timely reporting.
The following experience is required for this role:
- 2-5 years experience successfully managing staff
- 2-5 years volunteer management experience
- Community development field experience