Software Engineer, Limassol, Cyprus
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading research and technology firm in the financial industry. The successful candidate will join the Execution Systems (Trading) team developing and managing the firm’s state of the art execution platform and business operations systems. The position requires interaction withexecution system specialists, researchers, developers, and other senior professionals in a project management environment. The position also requires monitoringand operating systems in after-hours rotation, within a support team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent all round computing skills and experience within a .NET Environment version 3.5+, mathematical ability, and a passion for software development.
Initiative, a self-checking critical approach to his/her work, a personality, which thrives in a fast-moving project environment, knowledge of databases, and a desire to build flawless systems, within a team. Some background or experience in the development and design of large, complex software systems will be a strong plus. We are looking for an energetic individual who has a meticulous eye for detail together with the ability to see the bigger picture, and be a team player. Travel between the various international client office locations may also be required.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
* To further develop & support the company’s geographically distributed systems.
* To join the team tasked withthe daily setting up, running, monitoring and troubleshooting ofsystems operating 24 hours a day.
* To understand complex trade execution processes and systems and to help the ongoing development of control parameters, to ensure reliability, consistency, process quality and control.
* To be involved in the development of business operations systems with a flexible approach to working on different projects simultaneously.
You will have:
* Degree in science/computing/numerate/engineering field.
* Strong understanding of software development in C# or Java and object oriented programming
* Strong understanding of database development, ideally with SQL Server, T-SQL stored procedures, functions, indexes and query optimization.
* Experience in the use of both Windows and Unix / Linux operating systems, command line tools, scripting tools and basic system administration.
* Able to work well under pressure and have proactive approach to implementing enhancements and process improvements whilst maintaining precision.
* Desire to learn and ability to work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects.
* Keen interest in any technology innovation and eager to learn
* Greek or English language skills useful
The following will be an advantage:
- Experience processing large data sets
- Experience working with market data providers
We offer a stimulating environment with exciting personal growth and long-term career opportunities, as well as a competitive salary
- EUR 25,300 - EUR 37,900 / Year
- EUR 30,000 - EUR 55,000 / Year
- Premium ad
Our client is an international Financial Services provider. We are seeking to recruit an experienced Front End PHP Developer to join their team in Limassol Cyprus. Job Description Cooperating closely with the design team and content writers to implement any necessary changes to multiple company…
- Premium ad
Our client is an international Financial Services provider. We are seeking to recruit an experienced PHP Developer to join their payments department, based in Limassol Cyprus. Job Description Integrating and maintaining various payment methods including credit/debit cards, e-wallets,…
- Premium ad
Our client, a leading Financial Services provider based in Limassol Cyprus are seeking to recruit an experienced Linux Administrator to join their team. Job Description Setting up, configuring, testing, deploying and supporting Linux systems for production, staging and test environments Maintaining…
- Premium ad
Our client is offering proprietary, self-developed customer management software solutions for their group of companies, by utilising its highly skilled team, based in their Limassol (Cyprus) development hub, in an entrepreneurial, agile environment. Job Description You will work as a full stack…