Safebridge is one of the maritime sector’s leading global providers of a complete product range for digital human-resource competence management. Our main focus is the provision of innovative IT solutions for computer supported learning, assessment, and certification management. Starting with entry-level tests, to assist the selection of the best performing crew, through ECDIS and Chart plotter training involving the original manufacturer’s software, to certification management for mariners and Nautical Officers, we see it as our duty, aided by our in-depth knowledge, to find the best solution for our clients. Our international team based in Cyprus and Germany is continuously working on the innovation and expansion of our product portfolio. Our customer base includes numerous prestigious national and international authorities as well as companies in the field of merchant shipping.
Safebridge is looking to hire a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer on a fulltime basis, to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we would like to meet you.
The right candidate will join a fast growing, multi-national and energetic team in our offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
· Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
· Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
· Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
· Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
· Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
· Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
· Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, project/product managers) to identify system requirements
· Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
· Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
· Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
· Attend and contribute to the daily stand-up meetings, review meetings, sprint planning and retrospective meetings
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
· Proven work experience in software development and software quality assurance (2-5 years)
· Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
· Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
· Hands-on experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Katalon studio, Cross-browser testing)
· Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
· Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
· Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
· Planning, organization, communication and interpersonal skills
· Team working, problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
· Cyprus work permit is required
Easy to reach, centrally located offices in Hamburg, Germany and Limassol, Cyprus.
We expect commitment and loyalty and offer an employee-friendly, secure and inspiring working atmosphere. In addition to the opportunity for personal and technical professional development and an attractive salary, we offer our employees, Medical Insurance, Pension Scheme, Flexible Working Hhours and a Fitness Scheme. For overseas employees we offer additional relocation support. You can expect a friendly, international team and an interesting and varied range of responsibilities in our modern, bright offices in attractive locations.
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Only Resumes written in English and provided in pdf-format will be taken into consideration.
Have we awakened your interest? Then we look forward to your electronic application quoting your salary expectations and availability.
Safebridge Cyprus Ltd
11 Agias Zonis Street
Contact: Ada Theodosiou