Posted in: Other in Egypt | Posted: |
The ISE is required to undertake all servicing and maintenance of server and datacenter equipment used by the MFO in accordance with ICT procedures as well as administering the organization's Microsoft Office 365 tenants and environments. He/she must work in a disciplined manner, understanding the need for testing and scheduling changes. He/she will assist the Network and Core Services Manager when necessary and provide assistance to other ICT support personnel at all MFO locations.
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN SHARM EL SHEIKH, EGYPT, IN A COMMUNITY OF VARIOUS NATIONALITIES.
- Design, configure and maintain/patch/backup of Windows Servers and server environments across the organization both hosted on MFO premises and hosted in offsite datacenters and cloud provider locations. Maintain/configure/optimize the MFO's Active Directory and AD structures. Responsible for the core operation of all operating system, security and database software running on these Servers at all MFO locations (3 offices, 2 main camps and 20 small remote site locations).
- Design, configure and maintain/patch backup systems for all critical data identified as needing to be backed up for a directed period of time. Ensures disaster recovery procedures are maintained and capable thru regular administration and testing.
- Administers and maintains the MFO virtual server environments. Makes recommendations on configurations and needed upgrades in a timely manner to avoid any capacity or performance issues.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install and perform testing activities on various computer/server equipment, peripheral, data communication and computer network system.
- Maintain software and hardware inventory and tracking systems, monitor inventory, and communicate the need to order components. This includes configuration, testing and updating of PC, laptop and other software images in coordination with other Information System professional staff.
- Participate in key product evaluation and improvements as they relate to the server and DMZ environments.
- Coordinate with the Network and Core Services Manager in order to: ensure availability and reliability of Servers; perform file system configuration and management; and implement server, virtual server and data storage configuration/design changes.
- Manage endpoint protection/anti-virus/anti-malware systems, and deployment to users. Oversee administration to ensure these systems remain functional and up-to-date with necessary definition files at all endpoints.
- Maintain file system, e-mail, and windows server environment security. This covers both hosted and cloud-based Servers and services.
- Administers the organization's Office 365 instance and presence. This includes the broad Office 365 toolsets and administration portals, to include Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, Teams, Security and Compliance, Data Governance, etc.
- Provide deep 2nd-line and 3rd-line of support for network and systems specialists. Act as the point of contact for vendor technical discussions for server, datacenter and core software tools.
- Perform emergency and out-of-hours duties as required. Acts as the principal point of contact for technical escalation of information systems outages and issues out of hours for on-call duty technicians.
- University graduate in computer science or other degree or equivalent industry certification.
- Must be certified as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Core Infrastructure (Windows Server 2016).
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience administering Windows server environments on both physical and virtual server environments.
- 2 to 3 years' experience administering virtual server environments using VMware product family (vSphere, vCenter).
- Experience in working with Software as a Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud service offerings is required.
- Minimum 3 years' experience administering Office 365 for a company/organization.
- Familiarity with cloud IaaS offerings such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure preferred.
- Skilled project team leader with experience in coordinating cross-departmental projects.
- Experience of maintaining and administering NAS, SAN, NETAPP and other storage systems.
Excellent command of the English language (spoken and written).