RCREEE, in cooperation with the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) offers recent graduates 6 internship opportunities at its regional headquarters in Cairo.
The selected interns should be prepared to relocate to Cairo and work in a fast-paced team environment. Interns will complete the internship period having gained a broad experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and regional cooperation fields. Among the activities to be carried out during the 6 months are:
- Hands-on training on data mining, research and analysis skills through direct involvement in RCREEE regional and country level research and analysis tools activities
- Placement in RCREEE projects under the supervision of Program Managers and Senior Experts
- Technical training courses by leading regional technical experts from the region
- Soft skills training courses (communication skills, leadership and project management, business and technical writing)
- Attending relevant regional workshops and/or Exchange mission with other young professionals to collaborate on running projects
- Periodic evaluation and feedback
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidates will work under the supervision of RCREEE technical team in any of the following areas:
- Research and analysis on renewable energy and energy efficiency trends and technologies in the Arab States
- Engage in project support and implementation in the fields of policy, institutional development, facts/figures, finance and private investments promotion relevant to RE/EE.
- Engage in RCREEE’s business development activities.
- Recent graduate of: Engineering, Environmental Studies, Economics, Political Science, international law or Business Administration
- Being enrolled in or a holder of a relevant Master’s Degree is a plus
- Previous experience in the field of sustainable energy and similar developmental projects is a plus
- Fluency in Arabic and one of the two languages; English or French, is a must
- Enthusiastic about the role of RCREEE and renewable energy and energy efficiency fields, and ready to learn
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deadlines-oriented
- Internet and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency is required
General Terms and Conditions
- The internship program operates on a remunerative basis. For interns from countries other than the host country, travel arrangements are the responsibility of RCREEE
- Non-Egyptian interns will receive a monthly amount equivalent to 600 Euros to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- It is the responsibility of the intern to arrange for his/her accommodation. RCREEE provides selected interns with a list of brokers’ contacts.
- Egyptian interns will receive a monthly amount equivalent to 300 Euros
- Medical Insurance is the sole responsibility of the intern
How to apply
Please visit: http://rcreee.org/content/apsey-calls_for%20_interns