Posted in: Engineering in Egypt | Posted: |
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices across Pan-Arab countries and is the official technical arm institution of both League of Arab State – Energy Department and Arab Ministerial Council for Electricity (AMCE).
RCREEE teams-up with governments, international organizations, IFIs and Private Sector via several forms of partnerships to initiate and lead clean energy policy dialogues, strategies, technologies, managing the facilitation of RE investment platforms and capacity development in order to increase Arab states’ share of tomorrow’s modern energy solutions.
2 . Scope of Work
The job’s objective is to provide technical support to different technical projects. The following duties and responsibilities will be mandated:
2.1 Projects Support
Support the planning and implementation of RCREEE projects within budget, schedule and quality expectations while meeting stakeholders’ needs and strategic objectives in accordance with the annual work plan.
- Assist in preparing project reports by compiling required technical data and information from internal sources and external partners.
- Project coordination within the relevant stakeholders and networks.
- Assist in formatting and proofreading reports, working documents and other project publications.
- Assist in updating the database of projects and ensuring dissemination of project outputs and other related information
- Prepare logistics for workshops and seminars in collaboration with the Administration team.
- Assist in preparing the minutes and proceedings of meetings and workshops
- Contribute to the projects’ proposal writing processes by assembling the projects’ required technical information.
- Participate in meeting with external stakeholders.
- Participate in the tender evaluation process for technical consultants and experts.
- Manage projects marketing for projects using different tools such as websites, printing materials, etc.
- Perform all other duties as requested by the supervisors.
2.2 Research and analytical work
- Contribute to RCREEE analysis in the areas of RE&EE.
- Help producing comprehensive analysis of current conditions and future trends for RE&EE deployment in the region. In particular, the specialist helps developing and conducting analysis to evaluate:
- Regulatory and market framework conditions for investments in RE&EE technologies in countries of the region.
- Technological alternatives and infrastructural requirements for the transition to increasing shares of RE&EE.
- RE&EE potentials and priorities regarding technologies, applicable scales, and relevant economic sectors.
- Planning designs by using relevant methods, models and multi-criteria assessments such as life cycles and scenarios
- Tracking systemic or structural changes in the regional energy sectors in order to design medium to long-term RE&EE strategies, and to mobilize national and regional investments.
- RE&EE integration implications on national energy and economic systems, such as externalities, cause and effect, value creation, etc.
- Financial mechanisms and required infrastructure for large, medium, and small-scale RE systems.
- Institutional public administration processes affecting RE&EE planning and deployment.
- RE&EE role in overall energy and environmental policies.
- Monitoring of RE&EE plans, measures and programs as well as their impacts.
- Help identifying areas for possible intervention at the regional level in order to maximize RE and EE promotion impact.
- Produce specific technical, policy and socio-economic briefs on RE & EE.
- Develop clearly written analytical interpretations.
2.3 Data gathering, verification and benchmarking
- Help identifying data and information sources.
- Collect & verify necessary data through review of existing primary & secondary resources, interviews and questionnaires by using the existing RCREEE professional network.
- Resolve discrepancies between conflicting data sources.
- Support benchmarking countries' performance in order to provide additional stimulus to promote RE&EE.
- Support the provision and communication of the data assessment results and projections to internal and external stakeholders.
- Help maintaining and updating the organization’s information system portal, including back-end administration, data entry, and data verification.
2.4 Technical support activities
- Publish and present research, project and studies’ results at conferences, and symposia, and review meetings in Arabic, English or French.
- Participate in technical and scientific meetings or conferences and represent RCREEE.
- Support the implementation of capacity building and training activities.
- Help in other relevant technical tasks as required by the technical team.
3. Job requirements
3.1 Minimum qualification requirements:
Master's degree in relevant subjects (e.g., engineering, energy and environmental management and similar)
2+ years of professional experience.
A working experience with international or regional organization will be considered as an advantage.
Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with the current RE & EE situation in the Arab region and in the world, including prior knowledge about existing regulatory frameworks, technological preferences, institutional capacities, and RE&EE financing mechanisms.
Sufficient knowledge of projects management principles and basics.
Ability to produce comprehensive analysis, and to draft and review reports.
Demonstrated ability to work well and independently within a small team environment with senior staff guidance.
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
Experience with direct client support and interaction.
Proficiency in Arabic and English. Proficiency in French will be considered as an advantage.
3.2 Preferred Qualifications:
Familiarity with the electricity sector, including regulated economics, electricity generation, and project development.
- Consulting experience or other client-service experience.
- Demonstrated experience working well in a small team.
- Familiarity with financial analysis and infrastructure project finance.
4. General Terms and Condition
- The position is open to candidates from RCREEE member states only, willing to join RCREEE as soon as possible.
- The Candidate is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office. S/He will comply with RCREEE COVID-19 protective and safety measures
5. Tenure of Appointment
• The initial appointment will be for 12 months including a 3-month probation period.
• The contract extension will be subject to performance, needs and availability of funds
7. How to apply
To apply, please visit https://www.rcreee.org/content/renewable-energy-energy-efficiency-engineering-specialist
• Deadline September 29, 2021 (11:59 Cairo Local Time)