JOB OFFER: THATMuse Greeter 20€/hr
We’re looking for a THATMuse Rep/Greeter, to meet clients at the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay and set them off on our Treasure Hunts (details below). The periods we’re looking to hire for are:
1) Freelance, every day of the week
2) Easter (expanded hours from about 12 - 26 April)
3) Summer (May – August, expanded hours)
Ideally, we’d like one person who is available during all of the above times.
- punctual (very very important)
- strong people skills (polite yet firm, conversational with strangers)
- good with kids (on a short term basis)
- organized (ideally have worked in an office at one point, as you'll need to keep track of various hunts)
- flexible in schedule
- ideally a native English speaker (or a fluent English speaker), wonderful if you speak other languages
- Must have papers to work in France
- Must have auto-entrepreneur status to invoice us (this is easy to file for)
- meet clients outside the pyramid & give them a brief history of the museum (we provide a script you can either memorise or use for talking points)
- navigate the "ticket holder" lines with clients & within the Louvre's lobby distribute hunt packs & pencils, run through the highlighted map, the rules of the hunt & orient clients as to where bathrooms, coat checks, museum cafes are. Make sure their clocks are synchronized prior to departure & they understand how to strategise, etc.
- sometimes you're speaking to one family at a time, sometimes a few (depending on the booking)
One greeting typically lasts about 30 - 45 minutes. In the low season our bookings are scheduled in 45 minute increments, in the high season an hour apart.
The successful candidate will need to go through a 3-part training session (for which they are paid a flat 20 euros):
- go on a treasure hunt with friend/s (teams are up to 4 people) against a travelling family. Pls note we won't be able to cover entry tickets, though of course the treasure hunt is free.
- learn a script concerning the history of the Louvre (as fortress, palace and then museum) and the process of explaining our treasure hunts
- shadowing one of our THATMuse reps
Please see website (www.thatmuse.com) before sending CV & write a motivation letter touching briefly on:
- how long you've been in Paris,
- what brought you here
- prior work experience here & abroad
- any tour / service industry experience
- any languages besides English
- any social media experience
No knowledge of Art History is necessary, but an interest in learning about it is mandatory.
For quality control, spot checkers may be planted as clients sporadically.