Position: EHS Manager Central and East Europe
Report to: North, CEE and Russia Field EHSS Manager
Localisation: based in the region to cover CEE: Germany,Austria,Swizerland, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Czech rep, Romania, Croatia
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Primarily responsible for developing, implementing and managing Global Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHSS) programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for ES & CMS EHS activities in the region
• Organize field EHS support & Lead integration
• Focal contact for Operations leaders
• Guide EHS Champions
• Define and reduce business risks
• Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance at field service organization in order
to achieve EHS excellence & keep EHS Management systems certifications in place.
• Develop and implement EHS programs, standards, management systems &
Environmental, Health and Safety Framework FW to ensure compliance with applicable
environmental, health and safety laws and regulations and with SUEZ and Business
• Implement Risk Assessment program.
• Ensure root cause analysis is completed for all injuries and all significant events.
• Support complex root cause investigations.
• Coordinate employee EHS training, training program development and training for
operation team members
• Realize EHS Field audits & customer sites visits in the region, leading compliance, ensure or support prompt closure of findings.
• Track goals achievement through collection, analysis and communication of EHS goals
and measurements, drive performance
• Participate in EHS compliance and/or management system audits and providing guidance
to field EHS personnel on conformance and best management practices.
• Knowledgeable of local EHS regulations affecting business operations and communicates
specific regulatory requirements as they apply to the work setting
• Security focal point for business area
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support senior leadership and operations
• Oversee of the work of EHS consultants for specific EHS projects
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Engineer or equivalent (Bac + 5) in EHS matter
• Knowledge local and European EHS legislation
• Risk Management, accident investigation and analytical tools
• Have a good general technical knowledge
• Fluent in English, German or any European Country
• Demonstrated ability to influence organization culture, personnel and EHS programs
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and tasks by using timelines and tracking systems of action plan/milestones to assure self delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize the most important liabilities and compliance issues and focuses activities/efforts on them