Posted in: Engineering in Ghana | Posted: |
Shell Oil Company seeks an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical & Technical team. This superintendent ensures that the electrical equipment installed on Shell projects meets National International and company standards and deliver safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule. The Electrical Engineer should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer certain electrical power and lighting systems or products for a project. An Electrical Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, and field work. Leads the Electrical discipline within the project and provide functional support and guidance to the project Electrical engineers where they are in place. Where project Electrical Engineers are not in place, they will perform the role of Electrical Engineer for that project. Shell offers lucrative compensation and benefits packages considered to be among the best in the world. We value work-life balance. We support flexible working arrangements to encourage our employees’ well-being. Our global scale and business diversity will give you the flexibility to explore a variety of opportunities within Shell, so you can continuously grow your career. We are constantly innovating and believe that our success comes from human ingenuity to deliver more and cleaner energy through leading technology. We’re committed to each other’s well-being and success. Within a culture of collaboration, respect, and integrity, we share common values that are part of everything we do. Just imagine all that we can achieve together. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible. Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. A key role for society and for Shell is to find ways to meet the growing demand for energy, with less carbon emissions. We need people who dare to think differently – to take part in developing tomorrow’s energy solutions today. Send your CV and Cover letter now, if you're such a unique applicant we are seeking at Shell.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
• Support the project Program Utilities, Power and Infrastructure (UPI) Manager to develop a clear and concise set of Electrical engineering standards which meet company National and International standards.
• Prepare or update specifications, procedures, material requisitions, and electrical construction documents.
• Work closely with the Project Electrical Engineers to ensure that all Electrical Engineering issues are properly resolved in a timely manner, that design changes are managed correctly, and that the facilities comply with all project and statutory requirements and Stakeholder expectations.
• Develop electrical designs for various voltage systems, including LV and MV systems.
• Support design and drafting team members in the development of all power system drawing deliverables related to the construction and modification of production, handling, processing, metering, and shipping (oil, gas, water, and steam) facilities.
• Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
• Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
• Assists in the evaluation and selection of electrical systems and materials.
• Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
• Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
• Performs calculations to analyze and design electrical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
• Support the QA Manager in resolving Electrical Engineering non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
• Support the EPC Contractor and vendors to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for equipment, packages and bulk material supply, auditing vendor compliance as required.
• Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and project's regulations.
• Provide Electrical Engineering input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, the Project Supplier List, contractor/vendor pre-qualification, Purchase Requisitions, Invitations to Tender, etc.
• Minimum HND or Degree qualified and chartered or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline.
• Minimum 5 years ‘experience in Engineering role in Oil and gas, Refinery, Construction, Petrochemical, Chemical/Process Plant and Fertilizer Plant will have an edge.
• Seasoned and experienced Engineer.
• Sound knowledge of Electrical Safety legislation.
• Major project experience with strong design engineering/procurement background and a broad understanding of multiple disciplines and their interfaces;
• Experience of supervising work in a Contractor's Design Office.
• Experience of field engineering and/or construction on a major Construction Site.
• Thorough understanding of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
• Understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between electrical drawings and specifications.
• Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
• Ability to provide technical support in Overhead Power Lines (OHPL) calculation.
• Developing Electrical Equipment Data Sheet, electrical equipment specification and requisition for quotation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Presentation skills a plus.
• Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite. Microstation and AutoCAD.
• Knowledge and application of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers.
- 16,000 - 21,500 GHS/Month
- 11,000 - 20,000 GHS/Month