Nestlé Group is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our elite Technical and Production professionals. The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Engineering Manager in undertaking daily technical and production operations. We’re committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed. Nestlé consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and Ready Refresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions. Choose a career in Technical & Production and you’ll be part of our manufacturing backbone – and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the world. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful – We’ll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you’ll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits – everything you need to grow and thrive in your career. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with their recent CV/Resume immediately. Only successful applicants who meet Nestlé job requirements shall be contacted.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance target.
• Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
• Champion and lead change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts, including the pursuit of TPM.
• Utilize and model our beliefs in the execution of daily work activities and decision making.
• Build relationships with frontline team members, internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of targets.
• Maintaining safe environment and safety practices in all business initiatives.
• Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment.
• Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
• Ensure that a high quality of products, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained.
• Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and off floor review meetings.
• Review daily maintenance effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement and work with the Technical team to get resolution.
• Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
Key Requirements and Skills:
• Two to five years of experience in a leadership capacity within manufacturing with shift or area ownership required.
• Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; masters if applicable.
• Ability to grow relationships with business partners and to lead, coach and develop employees.
• Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead organizational initiatives and change.
• Time management, delegation and organization skills with strong problem solving ability.
• Continuous improvement or process improvement experience. Green belt or black belt certification preferred.
• Prior experience with TPM a plus.
• PLC experience is a plus.
• Increase in responsibilities over time, reflected in new work assignments, career advancements, and larger scope of work.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite applications; SAP experience a plus.
• Grasp of financial factors related to operations performance.
• Understanding of production processes.