Posted in: Finance in Ghana | Posted: |
Shell Oil Company are seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join our close-knit corporate finance and accounting team. The Finance Manager is a key partner to the General Manager in implementing and driving strategy for the company, and is responsible for all finance and accounting activity in the region. This includes the preparation of monthly management reporting, statutory reporting requirements, financial planning and analysis as required by the business and group, and responsible for ensuring full policy implementation and documentation of corporate finance policies and procedures. Shell offers lucrative compensation and benefits packages considered to be among the best in the world. We value work-life balance. We support flexible working arrangements to encourage our employees’ well-being. Our global scale and business diversity will give you the flexibility to explore a variety of opportunities within Shell, so you can continuously grow your career. We are constantly innovating and believe that our success comes from human ingenuity to deliver more and cleaner energy through leading technology. We’re committed to each other’s well-being and success. Within a culture of collaboration, respect, and integrity, we share common values that are part of everything we do. Just imagine all that we can achieve together. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible. Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. A key role for society and for Shell is to find ways to meet the growing demand for energy, with less carbon emissions. We need people who dare to think differently – to take part in developing tomorrow’s energy solutions today. Send your CV and Cover letter now, if you're such a unique applicant we are seeking at Shell.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
• Work closely with General Manager as part of the management team to ensure the corporation is focused on budgeted numbers and be a key partner in delivering business objectives, including but not limited to variances of revenue, OPEX, direct margin or investment/contract to provide an accurate financial position with identification of risk and opportunity.
• Robustly review the monthly P&L, working capital and balance sheet and actively participate in reviews with CFO and Controller.
• Ensure tight cost control and management of all costs in the P&L.
• Coordinate and review monthly management financial reporting package, KPIs, and take appropriate action to drive improvement.
• Oversee and resolve any issues or concerns to the local general ledger and related accounting practices, including payables, receivables, inventories, fixed assets, payrolls and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare and assist with appropriate commentary or explanations relating to report items of particular interest and conduct any pertinent investigation of the accounts.
• Work with department heads/managers to manage sites annual budget including revenue/direct margin, EBITDA or CAPEX level.
• Drive a focus on optimizing cash flow throughout the corporate financial team.
• Work with operational team to ensure KPIs for efficiency and utilisation are kept up date, understood and used appropriately to drive corporate financial improvement.
• Coordinate forecast and planning schedules for finance and operational teams, communicate requirements to organisation on a timely basis and drive delivery schedule.
• Participate in the Commercial discussions for the business by reviewing, monitoring and advising the Sales & Legal teams of the commercial risks and costing/pricing levels during bidding and execution stages.
• Drive continuous improvement of accounting systems and internal control, including documentation of local process.
• Assist the statutory audits and liaise with the auditor as needed.
• Manage cash requirements, liaising with Group Treasury to minimise on hand cash and maximise investment returns.
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable.
• Provide effective leadership in controllership in accordance with the companys values, goals and objectives.
• Ensure compliance of the organizations practices with applicable legislation and tax authorities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• University degree in accounting, finance or similar. Master's degree/CPA is a plus.
• Professional accounting qualification (ACA, FCA, CA, CIMA or ACCA) preferred but not essential.
• Minimum Experience Range: 3-5 years accounting related work experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of global financial reporting requirements and reporting packages.
• Ability to apply accepted accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail, analytical, organisational and time management skills.
• Previous experience within the reputable organization, manufacturing, accounting firm, oil, gas and/or petrochemical industries.
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally.
• Effective team building, motivation and leadership skills.
• Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
• Ability to work with contracts, terms & conditions ensuring legal/intellectual property is adhered to.
• Be able to work independently and take ownership for assigned work
• Able to effectively manage consultants and channels.
• Experience of optimizing computerized accounting and reporting systems (preferably but not necessarily Microsoft Navision).
- 16,000 - 21,500 GHS/Month
- 11,000 - 20,000 GHS/Month