Appen is working on the improvement of speech recognition technology and we are looking for children from the age of 3-15 years old living in Hong Kong, who are native speakers of Cantonese and Chinese who would like to participate in this project.
- Cantonese native speakers from 3-15 years old.
- Grew up and have spent most of their time living in Hong Kong.
- Parents/guardians have an Android device (phone/tablet) - iPhones/iPads are not allowed.
- Have good internet connection.
- Record at the comfort of your home in a quiet environment.
- Each participant may only participate in project P13320 or Hoko once.
- Record 160 short sentences in Cantonese using an online application.
- Duration: Approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete the task
- Payment: 18 USD per child participant. Once your account is active, you can also earn 10USD by referring your friends!
- Bonus offered depending on child’s age group. Children under 8 who are unable to complete all 160 recordings can receive partial payments based on the percentage of prompts they submitted.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
(must be completed by parent/guardian or authorized adult)
The company is able to pay through PayPal, Payoneer or local banks in Hong Kong.
• PayPal and Payoneer take 10 working days to complete, and 15 working days for banks
• The final amount of the bank will be based on the exchange rate of the PayPal US dollar to the Hong Kong dollar.
The Appen Global Team