Posted in: Hotel/Resort Management in Ireland | Posted: |
Trump International Doonbeg is a coastal haven, hidden on a sheltered corner of
the Wild Atlantic Way where world-class golf meets an intimate Spa, amazing food and
access to the best activities, culture, heritage and one of the most picturesque settings Ireland
has to offer for conferences, meeting, incentives and special events.
Recognised among the best championship Links Courses in the world and named best Golf
Resort in Ireland by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. At the heart of the resort is
the Irish Country house hotel with one of Irelands best Hotel Restaurants, the Ocean View
Restaurant. And Ocean is a recurring theme, ever present with stunning views of the rolling
waves and the rugged landscape stretching as far as the eye can see to the Cliffs of Moher.
Trump International Doonbeg is home to a proud and motivated workforce of 305 people
during high season, offering a world class 5 Star Hotel workplace, with the beauty and
balance of west Clare living.
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Department: Food & Beverage - Culinary
Responsible To: Head Chef
Type of Contract: Seasonal, full-time March to October
Main Purpose of Job: To assist the Head Chef with the production and presentation of all the dishes which leave the kitchen and to ensure that they are to the five-star standard. He / She is also responsible for maintaining his / her area of work to the highest hygiene standards and to observe a proper system of food preparation and storage.
Liaises with: Stores, Back of House, F&B
- To be fully familiar with all menu’s - breakfast, lunch, table d’hôte and a la carte.
- To carry out all duties requested to the satisfaction of the Head Chef.
- You will be expected to respond to duties requested by the Head of Department or Management - full mobility in all areas of the kitchen will apply.
- To report for duty, on time and in the correct uniform.
- To prioritise guest orders and requests at all times.
- To ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion and to the appropriate standards.
- To explain menu content if required.
- To ensure all stock is kept under optimum conditions.
- To ensure that any anticipated shortages are communicated promptly.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- To ensure your own work area is clean and tidy at all times.
- To participate in training programmes as required.
· Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which can include day, evening or weekend shifts.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To fulfil your obligations under food safety management regulations.
- To fulfil your obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1989 and any revisions or additional legislation made thereto.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken for health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other person on the premises.
- To keep your work area tidy and safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management.
- To be aware of trained first-aid personnel on the premises and the location of first aid box.
- To observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health & Safety Statement for your place of work.
- To carry out and promote fire and accident drills as directed by the hotel safety officer.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties as directed by management.
– 3 to 4 years practical culinary experience.
– Formal culinary training desirable.
– Good knowledge of HACCP and allergens
– Passion for producing good quality food
– Strong team player
– Ability to take direction and being able to perform under pressure
– Positive attitude
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Experience with garnish or starters an advantage.
– Regularly stocked canteen for meals, snacks and beverages while on duty
– Discounts in our Spa, Hotel & Golf course
– Discounted staff and friends and family rates available in other group properties in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom
– Free Car parking
– Regular staff appreciation initiatives.
– Opportunities to develop and grow through assisted educational opportunities
– Sick Benefit scheme
– Personal locker where required.