Purpose of Job:
Participates in performing a wide variety of skilled tasks including installation, repairs, troubleshooting, modification, installation and calibration of instrumentation, DCS/SCADA/PLC control systems for offshore oil & gas facilities. Incumbents may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments (pressure, temperature, flow, level) and systems used to indicate, record, and control operations in offshore oil and gas installations.
·Use proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications; ensure adherence to established guidelines, rules and regulations.
·Implement installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures
·Participate in the repair of instrumentation systems, equipment and components, in the field.
·Operate programmers, calibrators, measuring, and testing devices, hand tools, and equipment of the trade.
·To ensure that all tasks are completed in accordance with agreed work scopes and in line with HSEQ processes and procedures.
· Ensure all required documentation is completed correctly and submitted on a timely basis.
·Conform, at all times, to safety rules and regulations in accordance with our/ Client’s HSE Management Systems.
·Review customer supplied circuit diagrams, P&ID’s and GA’s to determine proposed scope of work
·To define equipment and tools specification requirements to execute the work
·To complete product take offs if required and prepare list of materials and consumables.
·Completion of onsite reports and data input processes.
·Ensure that work areas are maintained clean and hazard free.
·Contribute to tool box talks.
·Contribute to overall team activities and promote good working practices within the Division.
·To ensure that all tasks are carried out as per manager’s/supervisors written and verbal instructions, Work instructions, drawings etc.
Interfaces (Internal/External): Internal interfaces- Site Supervisor, Project Engineer External interfaces: - Customers;
HNC/ONC/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in control/instrumentation engineering or equivalent.
HND in control/instrumentation engineering or equivalent.
· At least 4 years of post-apprenticeship experience in C&I maintenance in an oil & gas or petrochemical process environment
· Experience with installation, commissioning and maintaining control systems (DCS/SCADA/PLC) and Instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, level)
· Ability to read and understand circuit diagrams, logic diagrams, P&ID’s and GA’s etc.
· Must be computer proficient with knowledge in MS office.
· HSE and QA awareness
· The ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
· Good communication and organisational skills
· Flexible and adaptable
· Numeric skills
· Ability to work to strict standards and procedures
· Offshore and marine experience
Skills/Training Competences: Essential Desirable
· Language Skills- must be fluent in English.
· CompEx Certified
· Time served apprenticeship in control/instrumentation engineering
4 on 4 off 40k + £200 per day offshore allowance
- ILS 10,000 - ILS 120,000 / Year