Posted in: Other in Israel | Posted: |
Based in Poland or Israel
Job ref: AZ /51255
Working for a global clean-tech group with a proprietary technology and an innovative solution for the world’s plastic waste problem. Using a unique patented process, my client converts end-of-life plastic waste into high grade petrochemical products.
After commissioning a sizeable Lab scale R&D facility and a continuous demonstration plant, the next step is the development of a Full Scale Plant (FSP). The global business development team has been progressing discussions with raw material suppliers, site owners, local and regional stakeholders and has concluded a long term agreement with the aim to make a pre-financial investment decision to select 1-2 FSP sites by end March 2021 (with FID, full investment decisions by end 2021).
The first FSPs are likely to be in the Netherlands, Poland or Israel, with the raw materials (mostly polyolefin waste) for the FSPs will be ideally sourced at spec, from local waste management businesses.
Employee Value Proposition:
The VP Engineering position offers a unique and compelling proposition for a seasoned professional to apply his/her extensive (international) experience in the Chemical, Oil & Gas industry, to drive a step change in the Chemical Recycling sector overall.
With plastic waste a significant pandemic, there is now a great opportunity to use this as feedstock of the future, delivering products with a significantly more sustainable footprint.
This would be an ideal position for somebody who believes it is now time to contribute to cleaning the planet and experience the thrill of a scale-up when significant impact can be made.
The company is also open to employ a talented, high energy individual who has just retired but believes it is too early to stop working.
· Holder of MSc degree in Chemical Engineering or general Engineering
· At least 10 years of professional technical experience gained in a refinery environment
· Proven experience in EPC tendering processes, EPC delivery and plant commissioning and Operations
· Good networks in the Engineering sector
· Creative, innovative, driven person, not faced by setbacks and challenges and eagerness to work in a dynamic, matrix structure
· Ability and interest to apply corporate background to the dynamics of a scale up
· Hands-on, humble, effective in a low cost way (does not need large budgets and large teams to deliver)
· Extensive international experience
· English – oral and written fluency
· The ability to drive performance and create buzz across the organisation
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Availability and willingness for extended business travel
Key short term deliverables:
· Reconfirm/ Redefine Engineering strategy
· Guide the Lender Technical Assessment work to success
· Finalize the FSP schedule, process design, including delivery of +/-30% capex
· Design and implement a tender for an EPC company to deliver detailed design for 1-2 sites, including short listing, following European tendering guidelines and award
· Maintain and Update the engineering cost budget
· Agree and implement an effective Scope of Work for an Owner’s Engineer arrangement
· Develop, together with R&D and COO, technology roadmap
· Work with the Business Development team to ensure that the raw material streams can be effectively and efficiently processed
· Finalize engineering team composition and manage the team effectively
· Oversee technology, products development and new IP creation
· Explore creative ways to drive down FSP cost
· Construct and commission at least 1 FSP by Q4 2023
· The VP Engineering will report to the COO and will be part of the top leadership team.
· The person will lead all Engineering activities and have a strong link to R&D and Business Development activities.
· Direct reports include the (a) Engineering team (currently 2 max, to be expanded) as well as (b) Global HSSE Specialist (currently at the ISP). Indirect reports (dotted line) include the (c) R&D Manager (total team of 7 max), who also oversees lab activities in the ISP (6max).
· Expansions of the R&D team is foreseen once funding allows.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – RECYCLING
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)