Posted in: Engineering in Japan | Posted: |
We are the sole agency recruiting for this role, a WTG Package Manager to work for the developer on the first offshore wind farm in Japan.
You will be part of a small but dedicated project team working on the Akita Noshiro offshore wind farm project and your primary tasks will be to provide technical leadership for the successful delivery of the WTG Offshore Installation scope.
Duties will include:
• Delivery of WTG package, including all technical aspects from development to O&M handover.
• Providing support to other packages including port engineering and negotiation.
• Understanding and working with Financial Models.
• Management of EPC contracts, claims etc. Leading variation and claim negotiations.
• Preparing and responding to Technical Queries.
• Management of contractors and/or consultants.
• Producing and/or reviewing master project schedule.
• Maintaining effective and systematic planning and control of project offshore works.
• Producing monthly project reports outlining progress, budget and safety statistics.
• Ensuring projects are delivered in line with programme, quality and budget,
• Providing technical management coordination of contractors.
• Ensuring high focus on Risk management, HSSE & quality are maintained.
You will have a suitable degree in engineering and will have a minimum of five years’ experience in offshore WTG construction projects, dealing with all WTG construction stages: project design, project execution, project close and handover to O&M. Specific knowledge of offshore installation is required.
This is a long-term contract role. All accommodation and travel expenses will be paid by the client and you will work between Japan and your own home office on a rotational basis. The contract will run for 2-3 years.
Due to the current travel restrictions you will intially be based entirely in your home office.
For more information, please apply and one of our consultants will contact you