The Senior Accountant will for part of the Finance Team and will be responsible for preparation and review of annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required.
- Compile and advise on monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports.
- Contribute to strong regulatory reporting relationships through interactions with internal parties, client, regulators and audit firm personnel.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Keeping well-informed of the regulatory changes and impact they might have on the Company
- Be the point of contact with auditors during the annual audit process and the Regulatory Bodies
- Assist in other specific assignments and projects as assigned and other general accounting duties
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Two to Four years progressively responsible experience in the accounting function, preferably in the Banking industry
- Be in possession of Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification or similar
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Present a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude