Storekeeper Duties and Responsibilities
- Important to manage and perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies.
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to account for reimbursements and record keeping
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
Storekeeper Requirements and Qualifications
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Analytical mind with the ability to make accurate mathematical computations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Skills to operate common office equipment
- Minimum of a Secondary School Qualifications – O’Levels or equivalent
- Experience in storekeeping, inventory control, recordkeeping or sales would be preferable.
- To be flexible and able to change the daily routine to complete certain tasks within tight deadlines.
- To be able to work during the weekends including Sunday & Public Holidays.
- To be willing to work extra-paid hours (overtime) when required.