Job Title: Restaurant Manager – Hugos Burger
Job Summary: Hugo’s Burger Bar is looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our restaurant. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
The Restaurant manager’s responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house.
Hugo’s Burger Bar expects you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Address customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction and repeat business opportunities
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Coordinate the work of staff members to ensure exceptional and timely food service delivery to customers
- Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability; and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions
- Implement policies that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Review regularly product quality and research new vendors
- Schedule staff members to ensure that all shifts are properly manned and that any staff shortages are addressed properly
- Set targets and goals for team members and assist them in reaching these goals in a time efficient manner·
- Work towards ensuring that standards of hygiene are maintained by staff members and advocate good sanitary practices
Qualifications & Assets:
- Acute financial management skills
- Attention to details, detail-oriented personality
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and food menu items to inform customers and staff
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Previous customer service experience in a managerial role
- Previous experience and track record managing people successfully
- Proven track record in fostering team work, building morale and improving staff motivation