Posted in: Restaurant and Food Service in Malta | Posted: |
We require the following:
Chef de Partie
Demi Chef de Partie
Working as a Chef de Partie or Demi Chef de Partie, you'll:
- prep, cook and assemble dishes and make sure that they go out on time
- be in charge of a specific section of the kitchen such as sauces, fish or pastry, so you'll need to have a sound knowledge of cooking
- assist the sous chef or head chef in developing menus
- delegate responsibilities to commis chefs or other assistants (sometimes called demi-chef or demi-chef de partie) that are helping you if you work in a large kitchen.
As a commis, apprentice or trainee chef, you'll:
- get to grips with the fundamentals of cooking, such as knife skills. This may involve understanding the basic cuts (e.g. chopping, dicing, julienne and chiffonade) as well as learning how to handle ingredients correctly
- work in different sections of the kitchen, helping the chef de partie
- be responsible for food preparation and basic cooking and also learn about portion sizes
- listen to instructions and work as part of a team.
- 1,800 - 2,200 EUR/Month
- 1,200 EUR/Month