Posted in: Restaurant and Food Service in Malta | Posted: |
We’re seeking an energetic individual to assist with various kitchen duties in our Zen restaurant.
Zen is a Japanese dining restaurant offering a healthy dining experience. All our dishes are traditionally handmade, using the best fresh fish and vegetables. Our Japanese team is dedicated to sharing its passion with experienced, as well as first time Japanese cuisine customers. One by one, we help them discover the fascinating art of the authentic Japanese food and show them how it can be an important part of a healthier and more enjoyable lifestyle.
- Wash, peel, and/or cut food items, including fruits, vegetables, or certain types of meats.
- Sort and prepare fish (cleaning, removing head, scaling, slicing, filleting).
- Clean and tidy restaurant area, kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Do dishes and maintenance of dishes and materials
- Ability to work with a minimum supervision.
- Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas.
- Clean any used kitchenware (e.g., knives) or dishes.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Perform other duties to assist cook and kitchen staff.
- Clean, punctual, serious, reliable & well-mannered.
- Must ensure the service is operated safely and hygienically.
- Must speak English & Japanese.
- A food handler's license.
- Proven experience helping in kitchen settings.
- Knowledge of the products, cooking, sector and industry in general.
- Sound knowledge of food safety standards and procedures.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to safely use kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- 1,800 - 2,200 EUR/Month
- 1,200 EUR/Month