Posted in: Restaurant and Food Service in Malta | Posted: |
Our Company is currently looking for an experienced and qualified “Pan-Asian Cuisine Chef “ to work in one of its Zen to Go Sushi & More outlets on a full-time basis.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated Asian Chef, who is passionate about fresh food and understands current trends.
You will be working with a great team and a very busy kitchen environment where you will have the opportunity to show your creative side, help deliver fresh food and make the business a success.
- Duties include cooking specialty foods under constant pressure to prepare meals quickly while ensuring quality is maintained and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed.
· Prepare, season, and cook/stir fry in wok all soups, meats, vegetables, fish, seafood, poultry and other food items for consumption.
· Cook, prepare, and arrange the food to make an appealing arrangement for guests.
· Correct discrepancies (quality, taste, appearance) immediately.
· Maintain production and usage records as required.
· Direct work assignments of support staff in cooks' area.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times while working in a fast-paced team environment.
· Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
· General cleaning, stocking and other food service duties as requested by the management.
· Ensure that tasks are completed, loose ends are tied up and the job is completed.
- Eligibility to live and work in Malta.
- High level creative skills and mastery in preparation of a range of authentic Pan Asian dishes.
- Able to handle kitchen operation independently.
- Knowledge of Dim sum, Gyoza, Bao, Ramen, Noodles preparation.
- At least English A2 level spoken and written.
- A genuine passion for Asian cuisine and working with seasonal high-quality ingredients.
- Food Hygiene Certificate in line with Hospitality and Catering Industry standards.
· An excellent team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
· Clean, punctual, serious well-mannered, able to speak good English.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen.
· Genuinely passionate about good food and aware of food trends.
· Able to take responsibility.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in professional knife-handling skills with ability to cut/trim meat and fish.
· Experience in following and extending recipes.
· Experience at organising and maintaining kitchen work stations.
· Experience in maintaining production and usage records.
· Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations.
· Experience in safe food handling.
· Proven experience in Asian countries for not less than 3 years as per previous Certificates of Employment.
In addition, you should also be: -
· Performance, achievement and results driven.
· Have an eye for detail.
· Able to work well with others.
· Creative, energetic and passionate about delivering culinary excellence.
· A hardworking and conscientious individual.
· FAST PACED AND BE ABLE TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE
In recognition we offer:
· A competitive net salary, accommodation included.
· A 2-year definite contract.
· 6-day 48-hour week.
· Great benefits.
· A great team environment.
· Excellent possibilities for quick progression within the company due to company expansion and new restaurant openings.
· Salary review by the end of the year.
- You must hold a valid European Passport, permanent residence in EU country or married to EU citizen to apply.
- If you think you would like to be part of our great team then please send your CV and motivation letter to: [...]
- Please send your CV + photo material from your work, at least two references from previous employers covering a period of time of not less than 3 years.
- Only candidates who are eligible to live and work in Malta and who meet all aspects of the personal specification will be invited to an interview.
- Premium ad
We are pleased to invite applications from personnel for the vacancy of SUSHI CHEF within the Japanese Outlets "ZEN SUSHI TO GO", based within the Sky Parks Business Centre adjacent to the Malta International Airport, the Pama Shopping Village in Mosta, the Pavi Complex in Qormi, St. Julian's and…
- 1,800 - 2,200 EUR/Month
- Premium ad
We are pleased to invite applications from personnel for the vacancy of experienced JAPANESE SPEAKING WAITER/WAITRESS within one of our premises located in Portomaso. This position calls for smart and responsible persons with a pleasant personality and excellent customer service skills. Ability to…
- 700 - 900 EUR/Year