Posted in: Restaurant and Food Service in Malta | Posted: |
Our Company is currently looking for an experienced and qualified “Pan-Asian Cuisine Chef “ to work in one of its Zen to Go Sushi & More outlets on a full-time basis.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated Asian Chef, who is passionate about fresh food and understands current trends.
You will be working with a great team and a very busy kitchen environment where you will have the opportunity to show your creative side, help deliver fresh food and make the business a success.
- Duties include cooking specialty foods under constant pressure to prepare meals quickly while ensuring quality is maintained and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed.
· Prepare, season, and cook/stir fry in wok all soups, meats, vegetables, fish, seafood, poultry and other food items for consumption.
· Cook, prepare, and arrange the food to make an appealing arrangement for guests.
· Correct discrepancies (quality, taste, appearance) immediately.
· Maintain production and usage records as required.
· Direct work assignments of support staff in cooks' area.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times while working in a fast-paced team environment.
· Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
· General cleaning, stocking and other food service duties as requested by the management.
· Ensure that tasks are completed, loose ends are tied up and the job is completed.
- Eligibility to live and work in Malta.
- High level creative skills and mastery in preparation of a range of authentic Pan Asian dishes.
- Able to handle kitchen operation independently.
- Knowledge of Dim sum, Gyoza, Bao, Ramen, Noodles preparation.
- At least English A2 level spoken and written.
- A genuine passion for Asian cuisine and working with seasonal high-quality ingredients.
- Food Hygiene Certificate in line with Hospitality and Catering Industry standards.
· An excellent team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
· Clean, punctual, serious well-mannered, able to speak good English.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen.
· Genuinely passionate about good food and aware of food trends.
· Able to take responsibility.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in professional knife-handling skills with ability to cut/trim meat and fish.
· Experience in following and extending recipes.
· Experience at organising and maintaining kitchen work stations.
· Experience in maintaining production and usage records.
· Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations.
· Experience in safe food handling.
· Proven experience in Asian countries for not less than 3 years as per previous Certificates of Employment.
In addition, you should also be: -
· Performance, achievement and results driven.
· Have an eye for detail.
· Able to work well with others.
· Creative, energetic and passionate about delivering culinary excellence.
· A hardworking and conscientious individual.
· FAST PACED AND BE ABLE TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE
In recognition we offer:
· A competitive net salary, accommodation included.
· A 2-year definite contract.
· 6-day 48-hour week.
· Great benefits.
· A great team environment.
· Excellent possibilities for quick progression within the company due to company expansion and new restaurant openings.
· Salary review by the end of the year.
- You must hold a valid European Passport, permanent residence in EU country or married to EU citizen to apply.
- If you think you would like to be part of our great team then please send your CV and motivation letter to: [...]
- Please send your CV + photo material from your work, at least two references from previous employers covering a period of time of not less than 3 years.
- Only candidates who are eligible to live and work in Malta and who meet all aspects of the personal specification will be invited to an interview.
- 1,800 - 2,200 EUR/Month
- 800 - 1,000 EUR/Month