Posted in: Restaurant and Food Service in Malta | Posted: |
We are pleased to invite applications from personnel for the vacancy of SUSHI CHEF within the Japanese Outlets “ZEN TO GO SUSHI & MORE”, based within the Sky Parks Business Centre adjacent to the Malta International Airport, the Pama Shopping Village in Mosta, the Pavi Complex in Qormi, St. Julian’s, Ta Xbiex and Marsaskala respectively.
The ideal candidate must be able to prepare all kind of maki: hosomaki, futomaki, uramaki, temaki, nigiri, sashimi, ready to work in a fast-paced environment and to keep very high level of tidiness and hygiene.
We are looking for a Sushi Chef to join our culinary team.
Sushi Chef responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food stock and working with an attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with Japanese cuisine and be available to work during our opening hours.
Ultimately, you will help us establish our reputation as one of the best sushi places in the area and increase our clientele.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Work experience as a Sushi Chef or at an Asian restaurant
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques
– Very attentive to food quality and presentation
– Well versed in English
– Good customer care skills
- Ability to work both fast and accurately
- Team spirit
- Availability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings
- Flexibility to take on various shifts
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
- Previous experience from Japan and overseas will be an asset.
- Valid Passport to travel within Europe.
- Previous job reference letters/certificates of employment related to the job position for which the candidate is applying. These must be in English, covering a total of 3-year job experience.
40hrs a week, with one full day off.
Term (length) of employment:
A 1-year contract.
Approximate starting date:
– Permanent employment.
– Regulated working hours.
– Work permit provided by the Zen Restaurants Ltd. to those eligible to live and work in Europe.
– A familiar working atmosphere.
– Opportunities for development.
Candidates with proper requirements only are kindly requested to apply.
Please send a resumé + cover letter and a passport sized picture to [...] with the subject heading:
"Experienced Sushi Chef to work at Zen to Go".
- From 5 EUR/Hour