Monaco based Accounts Executive / Accountant
Client is a service provider, based in Monaco, working with an established international network of clients in areas that include HR, yacht management, asset management, marketing and digital marketing, property management, IT, and strategic business development.
We are looking for an individual with energy and a keen interest to contribute in business development, willing to travel, and to manage the interface between finance and other business development activities including negotiations,purchasing,legalandcontracts. This is an ideal opportunity for an energetic confident professional who is willing to operate day to day to meet client needs, and able to oversee and enhance the network of relationships. The preferred candidate will have a professional ACA accounting qualification and possibly an MBA. In addition to excellence and individual achievement, project management skills would be highly desirable. Travel maybe required between locations and/or client offices mostly in Europe. The client is looking for a dynamic person who can easily relocate without too many ties at relatively short notice.
* Working closely with the clients’ senior management executives in delivering their objectives
* Produce budget and timetable for all own company accounting, financial reporting, and tax functions; Preparation of quarterly management accounts and annual financial statements;
* Due Diligence on service providers and clients
* Manage a portfolio of projects for clients, including but not limited to asset purchasing and disposal, property agreements, accounting, audit, liaising with authorities and service providers.
* Cost control and timeline delivery according to project planning targets.
* Cost control and reporting on activities including investments, moveable and immoveable property and other company assets.
* Review and participation in the finalisation of contracts and agreements, including heir commercial and legal terms.
* Frequent European travel
In addition, to manage the Monaco accounts administration including:
* Manage corporate relationships with banking institutions and other key service providers such as auditors. Submission of VAT and other accounting regulatory filings
* Record transactions. Reconciliation of invoices to agreements with associates and purchase orders
* Reconciliation of supplier and bank accounts
* Administration of payments to suppliers, and issue of invoices and receipts from customers
* Maintain the company Petty Cash system and the fixed asset register
Qualifications and Experience
* First Class qualification from a Top University and ACA Qualified Accountant, with at least 5 years post qualification experience in a similarly demanding role;
* Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from a top University will be considered an advantage.
* International experience within the asset/ fund management industry would be an advantage;
* Computer literate (Microsoft Office Packages and Databases)
* Experience in using accounting software Navision would be an advantage;
* Fluent in English, and French with Greek being an advantage.
Skills and Attributes
* Dynamic, results oriented individual, operating with speed and accuracy;
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail and flexibility of approach;
* Excellent planning, prioritisation, communication and interpersonal skills;
* Experience in negotiation and strong commercial awareness;
* cost control;
* Proactive with the ability to take initiative and to provide the best possible proposals and preparation for management decisions;
* Highly ethical, trustworthy, reliable, discreet, with ability to work under pressure