AME is a fast growing organization developing and manufacturing high quality products with electronics. Our goal is to create innovative products for our customers that exceed market expectations by making use of state-of-the-art development facilities and a highly automated manufacturing environment.
Driven by technology, we strive for the best solution combining the disciplines of electrical, mechanical, software and industrial engineering. Working at AME means joining a talented, ambitious and experienced team of experts, with a clear focus on personal and professional growth. You will be involved from concept to production.
Within AME, the business unit Research Design & Development is responsible for development of new products. AME-RD&D groups such as Mechanics, Electronics and Software work together in projects, starting from a new customer product idea and ending with transfer of a mass producible product towards the AME-Operations business unit.
Translate functional specifications into tested and released hardware
As a Mechanical Architect, you are responsible for the realization of mechanical function developments, ensuring to meet the specifications. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, steering one or more designers, working in a mechanical team. You are responsible for the design from concept to validation and transfer to AME-Operations for mass production on our state-of-the-art machines for milling, spark erosion, injection moulding, robotic assembly and 3D printing.
Your activities cover:
- Engineering concept designs and solutions for end-products and manufacturing tooling.
- Providing guidance to mechanical engineers
- Break down of system level requirements into lower level/subsystem requirements
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of products
- Taking the lead in proving the design by means of analysis and modelling or experimental validation, and you are responsible for technical product documentation.
- You have relevant experience in development and industrialization of products
- You are capable to switch from practical to higher abstraction level
- You have sound interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with the team and customer
- You have a proactive approach, followed by taking ownership and responsibility
- You write and speak English and Dutch fluently
- Having experience in NX and injection moulding is preferred
Please note: we can only consider EU citizens (not in need of work permit). We can not consider applications from non-EU citizens in need of work permit sponsorship. Thanks for understanding.
Match criteria: Engineering & Science, Specialist / Highly skilled, Staff / White collar, Permanent (1 > year), Temporary (0,5 - 1 year), Mechanical engineering, 36 - 40 hours (Fulltime), Post-Graduate, Higher level (BA/Bsc), Higher level (MA/Msc), 10 - 15 years, More then 15 years, 2 - 4 years, 4 - 6 years, 6 - 10 years, Eindhoven region, English, No, but I will graduate/have graduated in The Netherlands, Yes, EU/EER citizen or general work permit, No, but I will graduate/have graduated MA/Msc level at a top-150 University, I have general work permission for the country of the vacancy I applied for
Consultant name: Niels Jordens
Consultant e-mail: [...]
Company name: Applied Micro Electronics (AME)