Posted in: Engineering in Eindhoven | Posted: |
Lead Engineer Precision MechanicsJob MissionTranslate and perform function specifications into tested and released Hardware. Job DescriptionAs a lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of precision mechanical function developments, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination free, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, possible steering one or more designers, working in a mechanical team.Key deliverables;
- Translate performance specifications into design specification.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex systems.
- Accurate positioning andadjusting
- Light and stiff precision mechanical designing
- Team Centre Engineering
- Tribology, coatings, air bearings
- Joining technologies: fasteners, adhesives, welding, etc…
- Fatigue of elasticelements
- Design in vacuum
- Advanced materials (ceramics, glass, composites, coatings)
- Steering and coaching designers in a small team
- Seeks optimal manufacturability and serviceability.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Creative thinking capability.
- Goodcommunication skills.
- Goodknowledge of English.