Posted in: Finance in California | Posted: |
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate accounts payable records. Verify validity & process invoices through our AP system-Centreviews. Prepare invoices for weekly check runs, maintain accurate and updated Navision Purchase Quotes and Purchase Orders related to Fixed Assets and Services. Response to internal and external customers inquiries & assists in department month end & year end closing. Works on special projects as assigned.
Here's what you'd get to do:
* Prioritize, process, pay valid invoices & Manage PQs and POs in Navision
* Record & process financial transactions for month end closing
* Review & maintain integrity of vendor data in Navision
* Protect confidential financial information
* Maintain accurate & updated SOPs & perform cross-training
* Enters new vendors into the accounting system and ensures that all necessary information is recorded correctly, including proper payment terms and 1099 status.
* Obtains signed form W-9s from all vendors and issue 1099 forms. Independent contractors, partnerships, attorneys, and any unincorporated service vendors should be issued a 1099 each January.
* Ensure the process of invoices received into Centreviews, flowing and posted in Navision, it is not longer than 7 days. clear out Centreviews queues in a daily basis.
* Update Centreviews records such as precoding regular and recurring expenses and assigned Centreviews routing on vendor cards.
* Code in Centreviews invoices for sale, International sales, admin, accounting, prepayment departments to proper general ledger account. Ensure proper coding by reading the invoice description to see what the item or service being purchased was for and checking the pre-coded general ledger account for the vendor and determining whether that is the proper account for the purchase on each particular invoice.
* Code credit memos to proper general ledger account, ensure credit memos are apply on vendor ledger to the correct invoice or request the refund of funds if applicable.
* Make purchase quotes into purchase orders & manage and update purchase orders related to services and fixed assets, this includes following up with requestors to obtain service confirmation, reconcile services confirmation forms, update purchase orders related to services in Navision in a weekly basis, process the receives of services in navision and attached service confirmation received to purchase orders.
* ensure utilities and employees benefits bills are processed on the corresponding month and before closing financials. route for approval regular expenses and prepayments on centreviews or by creating a purchase order in Navision.
* enter manual invoices in Navision for DXW building rent and rent-3215, royalties, management fees and VPL equipment rent, ensure invoices are posted and ready for check run according to their due dates.
* Responsible for reconciling weekly corporate credit card transactions (AMEX/WF), reviews billing statements and submit into Centreviews the disbursement support documentation. following up with admin assistance as need.
* Responsible to run weekly payment journal in Navision and process payment for vendors coded as AMEX payment method.
* Process credit card billing statements and ensure payment is process before due date.
* Run Received Goods Not Invoiced report in order to be pro-active in obtaining invoices for all received items. Run report weekly and communicate information to management.
* Communicates with purchasing department, shipping department, and vendors to reconcile items as needed.
* Provides credit information for new vendor credit applications.
* Prepare printed checks for review and signature, match checks vs invoice imagen in Centreviews and then mail with accompanying backup, if any. Prior to mailing have management approval for check release.
* Maintaining AP files in proper order in the Accounting storage room. Keep electronic documentation when files are stored. (Example AP files 09/01/12 11/30/12, pallet B)
* Ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times when handling financial information in the department.
* Maintain all accounts payable procedures updated.
* Demonstrate total commitment to outstanding customer service, following up on external and internal customers inquiries within 24 hrs.
* Special projects as assigned by management.
* Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records for Director of finance & Cost Accounting Manager.
* Minimum of six (6) years of experience with accounts payable.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* College level accounting courses preferred (may be substituted for experience).
* Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
* Able to recognize and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and diplomacy.
* Computer literate in a Windows Environment; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Operate 10-key calculator (preferred)
* Detail oriented.
* Analytical abilities.
* General math skills.
* Creative thinker.
* Good organizational skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative.
* Flexibility to change direction frequently and with little notice.
* Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Excellent planning and organization abilities.
* Able to complete projects under tight deadlines, even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
* Able to stand, stoop and bend.
* Ability to walk and stand on cement floors for long periods.
* Able to sit at desk and use/view computer for prolonged periods of time, up to 10 hours daily.
* Able to wear latex gloves, hair covers, lab coats and goggles.
* Fast paced with multi-level distractions.
* Professional, yet casual work environment.
* Office environment.
* Ability to work extended hours as needed.
* Ability to travel as needed (less than 15% annually).
Who We Are
BioFilm manufactures and distributes high-quality medical device and personal care products that contribute to the well-being of our consumers. Our flagship product, ASTROGLIDE, is one of the world's leading personal lubricant brands. Our headquarters, in Vista, CA is home to sales, marketing & consumer engagement, research & development, insights & innovation, quality control, regulatory affairs, and distribution. Although ASTROGLIDE is a global brand, we are a small, private, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Why Work Here
BioFilm is a growing company with an expanding product line, offering ample opportunity for professional growth and development for employees. Our culture is inclusive and guided by our core values of Teamwork, Have Fun, Exceed Expectations, Do the Right Thing, Respect, Accountability, and Make a Difference. Our competitive compensation includes the following excellent benefits:
* 4-day work weeks every Monday off! 2 Shifts 6am-4:30pm or 7am-5:30pm
* Partial remote schedule (up to 50%/week depending on role)
* Full health, dental, and vision insurance plus Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account options available
* Matching 401K and profit-sharing
* Discretionary annual bonuses based on profits
* Generous PTO and holiday schedule including paid time off from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day
* Annual professional development opportunities
* Tuition reimbursement