Posted in: Accountants in Utrecht | Posted: |
Our client is an international medical company specialized in product design, manufacture and distribution of products within the medical and pharmaceutical industries.
Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant (AP & AR) to join their Accounting team in Utrecht, The Netherlands and provide support with business accounting activities such as sending and paying invoices, reconciling company accounts, follow up payments due and answer queries raised by staff or external clients/providers.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Receiving and filing of delivery documentation and verification of invoices against items or services received.
- Accurate coding of invoices and entering onto the accounting system.
- Performing all bank and credit card reconciliations and expense claims.
- Addressing internal & external invoice queries.
- Allocating, following up, and collecting payments.
- Make and track payments.
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy.
- Completion of BTW/ VAT returns and Intrastat/CBS lists.
- Filing and archiving of all accounting documentation.
- Supporting the processing of expense claims.
- Supporting the updating the fixed asset register.
- Identify where processes and procedures can be introduced and/or developed.
- Helping to introduce financial systems improvements.
- Participate in financial audits.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Proven experience in Accounts
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Accounting system experience
- Strong admin and IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- High level of accuracy
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active approach, with strong time management skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Have a flexible working attitude and be someone who is willing to go the extra mile to contribute to great team
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Dutch is an advantage but not required