Posted in: Analysts in Utrecht | Posted: |
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the company billing process. This includes creation of billing packet documents, creating system invoices, and uploading documents to external systems. In addition, responsibility for maintaining, updating client order modifications. The Finance Officer will also provide direct financial and operational support to the Senior Financial Process & Systems Officer and other team members in the Finance and Accounting Unit.Consolidate and reconcile billing information from collated from internal and external sources.
- Prepare billing packet documents, ensuring all required invoices include proper source documents demonstrating proof of delivery.
- Maintaining system master data relating to client budgets, modification & ceilings.
- Create freight confirmations and support freight invoice processing and payments, including reviewing to ensure accuracy, contractual compliance, and comparison to the price quote estimate to flag any possible overspending; providing supplemental data to support or contest questionable invoice costs; and tracking payment status of outstanding invoices, and actively reviewing.
- Ensure all transactions are correctly posted and reported on a timely basis, working closely with the accounting team.
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies on both commodity and freight invoices in a timely manner and ensure prompt and secure payments to all vendors.
- Assist with production of financial reports, cash forecast, and conduct appropriate financial analysis of revenues and expenditures for both internal and external clients.
- Assist with preparation and updating of standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and related supporting documents based on the Quality Systems Unit guidelines.
- Assist with finance and administrative requests such as sharing of monthly reporting, assistance with missing documentation, and working locally with teams on specific requests.
- Provide effective customer service to internal and external representatives in all areas of invoice processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or relative equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' progressive complex accounting and financial management experience.
- Knowledge of financial systems (Costpoint, Deltek, or other ERP system) and Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills required.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Demonstrated analytical skills; solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service. English fluency required, including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading.
- This is a temporary position.