Posted in: Engineering in Norway | Posted: |
Electrical Engineer / Manager | Norway (Data Centre) | Contract Role
* Prestigious M&E data centre projects
* Leading M&E Contractor with significant annual turnover
* Excellent package (flights, accommodation, transport etc.)
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join a M&E contractor based in Norway to work on a Data Centre project.
Reporting to the Lead Technical Manager & Project Director, the successful candidate will need a minimum of 5 years + in Data Centres / power stations / substations / Heavy LV industry; with a focus on design and execution of low voltage heavy plant, including power cabling, containment, and controls. You will be liaising with all parties for design and implementation of all electrical components (including electrical containment) of multiple green field Data Centres concurrently. Managing the electrical installation contracts, including constant communication with the team to execute the build in accordance with the design, on time and on budget.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
* Liaise with all parties for design and implementation of all electrical components (including electrical containment) of multiple green field data centres concurrently
* Managing the electrical installation contracts, including constant communication with the team to execute the build in accordance with the design, on time and on budget.
* Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay
* Compile and issue technical submittals
* As an Electrical Engineer you will manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once equipment is delivered
* Attend and record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme
* Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule
* Coordinate the submission and closure of all technical queries relating to the MV and LV design
* As a member of the Engineering Team you the “Electrical Engineer” will be tasked with reviewing the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling
* Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings
* Compile test pack, FTOP’s and O&Ms and present for approval
* The Electrical Engineer will manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works
* Document control management to ensure all relevant logs are kept up to date at all times
* Develop handover packs and test packs are required
* Attending quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required
* Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them
* Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment
* Ensure site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times
* Issue internal requisitions and ensure all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals.
* HND or higher (Electrical) with a practical background, otherwise a Bachelors in Engineering (Electrical)
* 5+ years’ experience in an Electrical Engineer position working for a recognised M&E Construction company within Ireland, UK or Mainland Europe on Data Centre projects
* 5 years + in data centres / power stations / substations / Heavy LV industry; with a focus on design and execution of low voltage heavy plant, including power cabling, containment, and controls.
* Data Centre experience essential
* Strong technical and commercial acumen.
For more information about this Electrical Engineer / Manager role or other Mechanical/Electrical Engineer Jobs, contact Declan Duggan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on (phone number removed)/(phone number removed) or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo - Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors